Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Everyone's Hero": A Christopher Reeve Film

"Everyone's Hero": A Christopher Reeve Film

The late Christopher Reeve's final directorial project — the animated "Everyone's Hero" — is due for release Sept. 15. It has an impressive voice cast, including Rob Reiner, Whoopi Goldberg, Raven-Symone, William H. Macy, New York Yankees manager Joe Torre and the late Dana Reeve. The flick also boasts music by John Ondrasik — the brilliant music man behind Five for Fighting — who supplied the title song, "The Best," and co-wrote the Brooks & Dunn soundtrack tune, "Keep On Swinging."

"The producers came to me and said, 'We have this labor of love of Chris Reeve's, and Dana is taking it over. It's a baseball movie set in the 1930s with a father-son theme," reports Ondrasik.

"I was excited, obviously, to be associated with the Reeves. Nobody was aware at the time of the further tragedy that would happen," he adds, referring to Dana Reeve's death. "I said, 'A song about sports, fathers and sons and relationships — I can do that.' 'The Best' was one of those songs that came really fast. I wrote it in an afternoon. 'The Riddle' took a year and a half to write," he adds of his current hit single. "It was my fault for trying to write a song about the riddle of life."

Ondrasik feels "The Reeves would be very proud of this film — I'm sure they are."

Link: http://www.dailynews.com/entertainment/ci_4255791

Anyone here attending the premier? Got an invite and trying to decide if I will travel to NY for it.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

check out this link

While playing Mah-jongg I decided to explore the Everyone's Hero site. Besides entering by baseball fanatic sons into all the contests, I read a bit about the movie.

Check out this link: http://www.everyoneshero.com/flash/ehero.html
    and then click on Filmaker as well as Christopher and Dana Reeve.

Puts SCI research out there in the public eye.
    Last edited by cheesecake; 09-06-2006 at 10:58 PM.

I think cheesecake should go to the premiere.

Cheesecake has a driver, hotel, and dinner arrangements set. Took 2 days off of work and I am going to NYC with a good friend! I entered Louisville Slugger's contest for "Who is your Hero" and why in 50 words or less. Hope to win a bat.

Right now we live baseball, my son plays on 2 teams, Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday. Gotta love the game.

Wonder if the NY fans would mind if I arrive in a Boston Redsox cap?

Awesome!

Have a blast!

now....the all important question.
    What ya gonna wear???

Its not much, but I keep playing the game!
    Dress up real good, Cheesecake! Maybe we will see you on ET!

Wow Cheesecake! Have a wonderful time in NYC......wear your Red Sox gear!!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Cheesecake,

Enjoy the City and post a few pictures when you can.

If I am allowed a camera inside, I will take pictures. I will be wearing my Superman dog Tags. That's about all I know. My friend and I will be going out to an early dinner (Cuban) and to drinks with friends afterwards. This is my first ever girls evening away just for fun.

Best part, my cell phone stays home, no calls from hubbie or kids!