Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tea 'healthier' drink than water

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    I love tea; have drunk loads of it for years.

I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste.
    Those real coffee machines produce marvellous odours...I could inhale all day.
    If the taste of coffee matched its aroma, I'd drink it continuously. Will only have the occasional steaming mug or cup when at a coffeehouse with friends. Even then, I usually opt for tea.

Yes, confession time. I've been drinking tea. Again. I chase it with h2o so my kidneys don't revolt, but I'm drinking caffeinated green, peach and raspberry teas again.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    If the taste of coffee matched its aroma, I'd drink it continuously. Will only have the occasional steaming mug or cup when at a coffeehouse with friends. Even then, I usually opt for tea.

Yes, confession time. I've been drinking tea. Again. I chase it with h2o so my kidneys don't revolt, but I'm drinking caffeinated green, peach and raspberry teas again.
    Mem, you might want to consider

Unlike other flavored water brands that contain only subtle hints of fruit taste, Fruit2O is made from natural fruit essence, making it truly in a category of its own. Named the best-tasting beverage in the country by the American Taste Awards, a nationally recognized gourmet food tasting organization, Fruit2O contains no calories, fat or sugar and is an alternative to sodas, juice drinks and unflavored water. Fruit2O is sweetened with SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener.

I just found this info on it, http://www.kraftfoods.com/fruit2o/why.html
    ...and will be getting some next time I shop. I'll get back to this thread once I've tried it but it's on sale at less than .50c a can, so what the hey.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Mem, you might want to consider

Unlike other flavored water brands that contain only subtle hints of fruit taste, Fruit2O is made from natural fruit essence, making it truly in a category of its own. Named the best-tasting beverage in the country by the American Taste Awards, a nationally recognized gourmet food tasting organization, Fruit2O contains no calories, fat or sugar and is an alternative to sodas, juice drinks and unflavored water. Fruit2O is sweetened with SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener.

I just found this info on it, http://www.kraftfoods.com/fruit2o/why.html
    ...and will be getting some next time I shop. I'll get back to this thread once I've tried it but it's on sale at less than .50c a can, so what the hey.
    Sounds like a great find, Steve. Will try it next week when I buy groceries. Had skipped it previously because I thought it had calories and well, calories.

Let me know what you think of it. I'll do the same.

Question Why Not Fruit2O

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    Sounds like a great find, Steve. Will try it next week when I buy groceries. Had skipped it previously because I thought it had calories and well, calories.

Let me know what you think of it. I'll do the same.
    I tried Fruit2O today and didn't care for it. Firstly, the claim that it is superior to other soft drinks because it contains only natural fruit juices is offset by the reality that the drinks are just barely flavored at all. They are spring water to which a token amount of fruit juice is added.

Still, a good way to hydrate, right. Maybe for some, but I got a headache shortly after drinking one 16 oz. bottle and, hours later (after using another as the base of a fruit blend) found the headache continuing. It was only about six hours into the headache that I realized that the drinking of the Fruit2O was the only new/different thing and the likely culprit. It might be the Splenda in Fruit2O as this was the frist time I've ingested that. I'll have to get some Splenda and use it to sweeten my cereal and see if I get another headache. For now, though, Fruit2O is out of my diet and the remaining ten bottles are going back to the market for a refund.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

i drink good 'ol Southern sweet tea, but decaff.. not sure if the sugar offsets the good things in tea or not. i'm addicted to it i tell ya'.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia