Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Depressed

Want to talk to someone? I care. PM me and I'll call you or I'll send you my number. -- Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by LBUSH49
    In 2004 when I got my Spinal Stimulator that was something I had to do first was to speak with a psychologist for 3 visits before they would do that operation and it's the same DR. who wants to take over my pain management I don't know just what his plans are yet but he set up a appointment with someone in his office for me to see first for a 30 minute visit , I don't know if he's going to increase or decrease my medication , I go see my Primary DR. first , I'll let you know the outcome ,thanks; LBUSH
    psychologists are not MDs and cannot prescribe medications. only a psychiatrist or other MD can do that most likely the psychologist will recommend thihgs like relaxation, biofeedback, counselling. maybe can even d/c some of the pills. if you can set up weekly sessions it will at least get you out of the house and someone to talk with on a regular basis. good luck.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Hi Starlightangle , have you ever heard of REIKI when I was in the hospital they gave me some pamphlet on it , I guess a lot of cancer patients use it and I never heard of it , my wife set up a appointment for me on sept.6 th my Primary DR.'s names is used he has M.S. and goes for chemo and has it done on him ,have you heard of it? And thank you all for caring it means a lot to me LBUSH

Larry,

I got your IM's...keep in touch...I care too...

Take care, God bless...

Teena

I really liked what madcolin said.

Quote Originally Posted by roshni
    I really liked what madcolin said.
    thanks roshni.

LBUSH, I think Reiki healing would be an excellent idea. Everything in existence is made up of energy and Reiki healing harnesses what is called the life force energy. Everything you are experiencing, the pain, depression, and mixed emotions are all energy and a talented energy healer could have the ability to redirect your energy down the appropriate path.

Acupuncture could also be of great benefit to you. I had it done a couple weeks ago and it was a very good experience. Immediately after three very small needles were placed in my scalp I had a total feeling of relaxation and peace. The session was focused on my autonomic nervous system and since I had the session my blood pressure issues have been significantly better. I've heard acupuncture can do a great deal for pain.

Diving into such areas requires you to have a completely open mind. If you are pessimistic or unwilling to accept that these type therapies could help than the results will not be as great. Anything in life is possible. Believe that, and drive forwards.

Colin

Madcolin , I tried Acupuncture on my back and had no luck I also went to massage theropy , that workrd great but after I had my Spinal Stimulator I can no longer have Massage theropy due to the wire that runs down my spine , if something went wrong my theropist would loose her rights do do massage theropy anymore and I don't know what could happen with me , But with REIKI I talked to someone in the medical field and her husband was in ICU and medically they couldn't figure it out then he had a 30 minute REIKI session and in 2 days he was discharged from the hospital , make you wonder I know cancer patients get it done all the time and my wife says they leave full of energy , I know it's not a cure but I'll try anything to see if it works , and my Primary DR. has M.S. and he premotes it and I see him on friday ,the peoson at the hospital sat and talked with me for 45 minutes , so I'm going to try it with a open mind , after having 23 operations sinse I got hurt in 1985 so that's why I have so much pain , another nurse I know was in a elevator and had a bad mygrain headache and a theropist got on and asked her was the problem was so she did it to her and the nurse said she fought it by say I got a headache and by the time they got to the bottom floor the headache was gone completelyshe couldn't believe it , because she fought it and lost , so for $20 for 30 minutes it may be just what I need ; LBush
    Last edited by LBUSH49; 08-23-2006 at 09:17 PM.

I know the depression thing, and the lack of friends thing (being homebound by pain really kills any chance of a social life, or any kind of enjoyable life - I do interact with neighbors during the summer, when I can get outside, and relatives do visit.) I've tried antidepressants, and they haven't helped, either with mood or with pain (perhaps they didn't help the mood because because my depression isn't the result of a chemical imbalance, but because my life sucks? Does anyone think that giving antidepressants to people undergoing torture will make them feel better?)
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by alan
    I know the depression thing, and the lack of friends thing (being homebound by pain really kills any chance of a social life, or any kind of enjoyable life - I do interact with neighbors during the summer, when I can get outside, and relatives do visit.) I've tried antidepressants, and they haven't helped, either with mood or with pain (perhaps they didn't help the mood because because my depression isn't the result of a chemical imbalance, but because my life sucks? Does anyone think that giving antidepressants to people undergoing torture will make them feel better?)
    Well, since you asked and in spite of this being Larry's Jobe thread, if the antideperssant is strong enough, yes. Don't you think someone undergoing torture would get some sort of an up from 50mg of valium/diazipam?

In general, though, I have to agree with you; when your life objectilvely sucks, it sucks and a lot of chemicals can only confuse the issue(s).
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Alan thay's just like me no visitors I'll call my oldest daughter and in less than 5 minutes she has to go my youngest Daughter always tells me how much she hates me after I bought her a car keep up the repairs pay her insuranceanything she wants she's so spoiled but yet she says how much she hates me she's going back to college and they told me I have to stay home alone as usual 23 operations my youngest daughter hardley ever came to visit me , my oldest Daughter I gave for free a hot tub when I was offered $1500.00 and passed giving it to her , then today one guy who I thought was my friend called me after I called him at least 5-7 times , his reason was he needs money for a new appartment ,when he doesn't even work ,I've offered him 5 times to go out to eat for lunch all you can eat and I'll pay I won't ask him again yet I'd give someone the shirt off my back ,like today was rubbish pick up so I gave the driver a cold coke , I didn't have to do it but that's the type of person I am , yet I feel like people shit on me even family I haven't heard from my sister in over 2 years she live 3 miles away my brother lives about 35 minutes away if I don't call him he won't call meand with cell phones weekends minutes are free so ,I don't even bother with them and both od my parents have passed away