Thread: UTI prevention and Vitamin C in multi-vitamin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UTI prevention and Vitamin C in multi-vitamin

My multi-vitamin gives me 300% of the Vitamin C I need everyday. Do I still need to take a seperate Vitamin C supplement to prevent UTI's ?
    May the fetus you save be gay

I read just today that to help clear up/prevent the UTI, you should drink 16 ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice and take a 1000mg vitamin C tab everyday. In addition, avoid sugar and alcohol, which can worsen the symptoms of the UTI. This comes from Tony Lu, MD, director of integrative medicine at Loyola University Health System in Chicago. it was in my Sept 12 Woman's Day. That help??
    Dawna

I was always told by my family doc to take 1000 mg and drink cranberry juice also and it has to be pure cranberry not these fancy mixes they have now.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Hey Theo!
    I take 2400 - 3600 per day of vit c in addition to what I get in a multi-vitamin.
    I would advise that you get the vitamin c through a health food store. Sometimes what you get in a drug store/grocery store isn't what is claims to get (as powerful or effective). I get mine on-line through a company called Usana.
    I hope this method of uti prevention works for you. I swear it's a miracle for me.
    I did try the cranberry juice/cranberry pills but they weren't as effective as the vitamin c.

ok im going to my co-op today
    May the fetus you save be gay