Hi, I am new here. Glad others are experiencing the same side effects. I had a horrid trampoline accident when I was 13, my tailbone landed on the metal/springs before flipping over the side. I was sent to a pain clinic and had been on Hydrocodone, tramadol,lidoderm, kadian, xanax, and bunch of others nothing touched the pain. I am allergic to Neurontin. I started vitamins awhile ago, I get shots and take supplements. My doctor wants to try intervenous vitamins and possible back injections...I'm really scared.

They eventually switched me over to just Methadone and hydrocodone but I felt sick all the time. I moved to the city in hope to find better medical help, a PCP diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia as well and said to try Lyrica for everything. I started on 75mg and the first dose my right leg blew up like a balloon. It hurt so bad, so the doctor told me to try to take it at night to see if the side effects would go away.

They eventually seemed to go away, and the pain was much better!! They upped me 150mg and the swelling hadn't come back, then they upped me again but told me to take 150mg in the day and 300 mg at night. I was able to wean off the Hydrocodone completly and I am on a low dose of Methadone along with anti-inflammatories. I was able to take on more hours at work, but then (1 yr later) I started getting constipated all the time, bad memory loss, weight gain,jerking in muscles, sluggish, disoriented, can't make any choices, crazy carb cravings, blurred vison, thought about suicide every day, asked my doctor for doctor assisted suicide, and then slowly but surely the pain started creeping back. The dull ache,gnawing, spasms, pinching, pressure, and burning is enough to drive me crazy. I'm fed up with surgeries, doctors, and tests.

2 months ago my right leg started swelling any time I stood on it, I had to elevate it at all times. They looked for a blood clot, it was negative. My leg still swells and the knee feels like it wants to explode, now I've developed constant cramping in the calf. Then a month ago I developed some strange knott in my right pelvic area and the doctor diagnosed it at sacroilitis. I am at the point now where I feel like I reinjured myself all over again.

I have a new physical therpaist I am seeing this Wednesday, hopefully this one will be good. I am weaning of the Lyrica I am now at 150 mg but the pain is bad, some of the side effects like the consitpation are gone. I'm only 19 and I just want my life back! I am hoping that I can get through getting off the Lyrica, it is harder then my narcotics where, this is unbelievable. I've found that pot is the only thing that doesn't have any side effects except hunger.

Could the Lyrica be making my pain worse?