Thread: bloating an gas

bloating an gas

anyone know why im always bloated , i dont pass gas like i use too, i have a bm everyday with mini enmas before after i used to put them in it was like a bomb of gas no more, also when i use to sleep on my back once in a blue i always was bloated , even now in my chair this hurts im bloated even when i turn at nite, i tryed gasx, but no good, cant pass gas anyone

hey Joey , I pass gas , but I bloat all the time , at times I'll look down and can't see my feet , yet an hour later , I'm back to normal , I've been to several DR.'S and none of them know what causes it , it's been going on for years now and no DR. can figure it out , I have to have pant with 2 different waist sizes do to this , some days a pair of pants will fit other days they won't , but this has been going on for at least 8 years now ;LBUSH

i would suggest you review your diet. inappropriate food combining is a major cause of gas, along with not chewing and swallowing properly.
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

It is not uncommon for some SCI people to have alot of gas. It might be a combination of decreased mobility, diet, bowel care,etc.

If you have tried various OTC products in the recommending strengths, some try a rectal tube inserted for short periods.

AAD

Joey

I have the same problem. I solved most of it by not putting any seasoning on my foods. Season salt is the worst. A lot of resuarants use it. Its a killer.

Joey , My problem isn't gas I fart all the time , but it's the bloating the DR.'S can't figure out , the way I'll be all bloated and like I said before an hour or two I 'll be back to normal , my waist size will go from a 40 to a 36 in the same day , I went to a lot of DR.'S and none of them can answer why this happens ; LBUSH

Quote Originally Posted by LBUSH49
    Joey , My problem isn't gas I fart all the time , but it's the bloating the DR.'S can't figure out , the way I'll be all bloated and like I said before an hour or two I 'll be back to normal , my waist size will go from a 40 to a 36 in the same day , I went to a lot of DR.'S and none of them can answer why this happens ; LBUSH
    Lbush

Try not putting any spices on your food for a couple of days and see if that helps. Because I had the same problem, and thats what it was.

Blog Entries

AAD; SCI NURSE; i can't log on to cc as much i wish

but if i could, i probably could replace all my worthless doc visits.
    but then again, how else could the on going rx research get funded.
    yah,

seriously, this bloat issue is mine too.
    what is a rectal tube?
    i afraid to ask,.

Tim,
    It is a short piece of plastic tubing (similar to drainage bag tubing) that has a narrower end to insert in the rectum and the other end is open to the air-this gives the gas a mechanism to escape.

AAD

Blog Entries

AAD; SCI NURSE thanks for what i should have seen

obvious.
    next;
    how is it regularly used, or not?