Thread: Childhood Memory and TM?

Question Childhood Memory and TM?

An EX boyfriend told me that his doctor father said that people with Transverse Myelitis forget more of their childhood. Has anyone read this before?

I have .. there are pictures of me that I don't recall whatsoever. I just figured it was the 'it happened at 12 so mental block because of traumatic life event' thing. lol

I cant remember what I ate yesterday but i can remember my childhood very well. I have TM for 5 yrs almost. anty
    Be always determined in Life and Love

Quote Originally Posted by sachad
    An EX boyfriend told me that his doctor father said that people with Transverse Myelitis forget more of their childhood. Has anyone read this before?
    Nope, never and I've been to a couple of symposiums on TM that had a lot of psychologists, shrinks, etc. Since he's an ex you can't very well ask for the reference his father was working from. From a medical stance I would imagine that most memories while sedated would be blurry at best. And as Lynn said the immediate time frame around the trauma, emotional, social, mental, of having TM. Maybe people with MS lose some memories when they have demylination in parts of the brain that control that. Anyone with MS care to comment?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Nope. Had TM at 14 and remember events vividly. I kept a journal, and that helps with the details.