Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you design a place to live??

Quote Originally Posted by thenose
    I think the house would be more private if the "back" entrance could be used by PCA's who bathed/turned/dressed.
    No need for them to be in the rest of the space.
    I hear what you're saying about privacy and such, but what you're saying here sounds like you want to treat a caregiver as an inferior, not even just a servant. I see tremendous difficulty in balancing that attitude with a desire to have that caregiver actually treat one with care.

C.

From my experience, my Nurse sometimes use to sit out back on the patio (I live in FL we kept the sliders open most of the time) because he didn't want to be in the middle of the familys discussions. Then as the family filtered out he would sit in the living room. I'm going to use the TV room next to my bedroom in the new house as my nurses sitting room.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin
    I'd set it up just like an airport. Have a lot of people coming and going so you're never stuck with the same face. It's accessible. Plenty of handicap parking too!
    that would be cool... but w/o Travolta's (house is his, right?) cashflow it might be a little far-fetched.

Howdy Partner!
    Go 2 amazon.com and buy the book ACCESSIBLE HOME DESIGN

I'd have a mirror on the ceiling.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ezconrad
    Howdy Partner!
    Go 2 amazon.com and buy the book ACCESSIBLE HOME DESIGN
    Thanks, I just ordered a copy!
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Here's what my current room looks like. I was a garage. Its a mess because I'm moving in a few weeks I hope.

Video Clip,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aa79bof3HU

this is what I get when I try to watch ur vid:
    This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.

It should work now.

Video worked, thanks for sharing Norm.