Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Project Walk has a new Specialist in Training on the East Coast!

  1. #11
    Hello
    Did your husband sever his cord or bruise it at these levels? sounds like great p
    rogress.


    The cord was not severed- as I understand it. The vertebrae were broken causing brusing/compression to cord, the ligaments were damaged and the disc was ruptured in between C4 and C5. He has no hot/cold or pin prick sensation from the tips of his shoulders down.
    Last edited by Mgirl52178; 08-24-2006 at 02:43 PM.

  2. #12
    Thx, Mgirl, great post. Congrats to all of you on the great progress. Has Rob seen any wrist/hand functional recovery?

    Thx,
    Susan
    C4, Inc, Asia B

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Hello Snowman and Trainer Eric,

    Thanks for the free commercial advertisement in the Exercise & Recovery Forum. The next time I'm in Northern New Jersey with a wad of cash in my pocket I'll be sure to look up Trainer Eric.

    I too am proud to announce that I'm a Specialist in Training but in the field of computer repair. This means that I've spent extensive hours screwing around with computers (using the Bob Clark Method™) but unlike Eric, I can usually fix them and get them "up and running". And like Eric, I will always give your computer a good workout here at Project Board Slap®. Of course there's no guarantee that I'll improve the performance of your computer and again, like Eric, I'll expect to get paid well for my time no matter what the results.

    I'm now accepting customers and if all goes well and when I really learn what the hell I'm doing I'll be a Level I Certified Computer Repair Specialist (CCRS) and in July of 2007 I too hope to open up a storefront operation and hire a staff and all that fun stuff.

    I also specialize in the field of selling outdated useless computer and wheelchair parts. Cheap prices. Call 1-555-CRZ-EBOB. Sorry for any inconvenience but my website is still under construction.
    Do you offer training in the Bob Clark Method™?
    Daniel

  4. #14
    Susan M-Thx, Mgirl, great post. Congrats to all of you on the great progress. Has Rob seen any wrist/hand functional recovery?

    Yes, he has gotten his wrists back, though they are weak. His hands each have some use (more gross motor than fine but he can open and close them and make a fist, he type a little but can't open bottles or zip or button things), his right is stronger than the left. He uses an EMPI estim machine at home which he thinks has helped w/recovery.
    Last edited by Mgirl52178; 08-24-2006 at 02:44 PM.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgirl52178
    Hello
    Did your husband sever his cord or bruise it at these levels? sounds like great progress.


    The cord was not severed- as I understand it. The vertebrae were broken causing brusing/compression to cord, the ligaments were damaged and the disc was ruptured in between C4 and C5. He has no hot/cold or pin prick sensation from the tips of his shoulders down.
    Thank you for your clarification of the injury. With his continued work, this sounds like he'll get maybe full return! Best wishes to you guys

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgirl52178
    Susan M-Thx, Mgirl, great post. Congrats to all of you on the great progress. Has Rob seen any wrist/hand functional recovery?

    Yes, he has gotten his wrists back, though they are weak. His hands each have some use (more gross motor than fine but he can open and close them and make a fist, he type a little but can't open bottles or zip or button things), his right is stronger than the left. He uses an EMPI estim machine at home which he thinks has helped w/recovery.

    Mgirl,

    I just learned last week word of mouth that Dr. John McDonald recommends placing electrodes two on the top of the forearm and two on the bottom of the forearm for 30 minutes each day to force the hand to clinch into a fist. I understand this is one of the best, most effective motor neuron patterns that someone can do. Is this what Rob is doing?

    Thanks,
    Susan

    PS (my apologies to Dr. McDonald if this is a false statement, but the information came from a very reliable source, so I wanted to ensure that Dr. McDonald was given due credit)

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M
    Mgirl,

    I just learned last week word of mouth that Dr. John McDonald recommends placing electrodes two on the top of the forearm and two on the bottom of the forearm for 30 minutes each day to force the hand to clinch into a fist. I understand this is one of the best, most effective motor neuron patterns that someone can do. Is this what Rob is doing?

    Thanks,
    Susan

    PS (my apologies to Dr. McDonald if this is a false statement, but the information came from a very reliable source, so I wanted to ensure that Dr. McDonald was given due credit)
    I had that done in rehab by a therapist who worked for the last twenty years, she was the only good one I thought. Tho my fingers aren't working it helped with learning tenodesis/strength. My left hand it didn't work as the muscles were too atrofied even in the beginning. similar?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv
    I had that done in rehab by a therapist who worked for the last twenty years, she was the only good one I thought. Tho my fingers aren't working it helped with learning tenodesis/strength. My left hand it didn't work as the muscles were too atrofied even in the beginning. similar?
    It's really strange, Betsy. I have trace movement in my wrists and fingers and have significant buzzing/tingling in my hands. However, they are not atrophied at all. Do you remember seeing my hands? Everyone thinks I have full use of them. I don't know -- I'm hoping this new technique will help me regain at least some wrist function. It's worth a try, anyway. We shall see -- for some reason, in the past month, I have seen dramatic changes in my ability to raise my arms and move them around. I can even touch my face with my left hand if I really work at it. It is so cool. I have also had significant increase in the buzzing/electricity shooting through all of my limbs within the past month. I'm not sure what's going on, but, I'll take it.

    Sue

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M
    It's really strange, Betsy. I'm not sure what's going on, but, I'll take it.
    Sue
    wow, sounds good Susan. I think I remember your fingers loose, whereas mine are bent on my right hand. the stim should help you, I think. crank it up grrl put it on your deltoids, biceps, etc. lol for the first 7 years I think I found little return/feeling in various places. p.s. Harris is in D.C, working on Sekemia at DeWine and other at Voino's club HQ. then we are going to columbus and Imhopeful from here is joining us to raise heck- we are getting our guns out lol. ok, back to thread. (sorry mgirl)

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv
    wow, sounds good Susan. p.s. Harris is in D.C, working on Sekemia at DeWine and other at Voino's club HQ. then we are going to columbus and Imhopeful from here is joining us to raise heck- we are getting our guns out lol. ok, back to thread. (sorry mgirl)
    Dang--that's awesome. I knew Harris was up to something good, I heard from him last week. Getting Sen. DeWine on board as co-sponsor of the CRPA would be huge. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

    Sorry, Eric, et al, for digressing.

Similar Threads

  1. Project Walk
    By JW in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 09:43 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 01:09 PM
  3. Project Walk Portland, Oregon
    By Snowman in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 03:10 PM
  4. Project Walk moves toward non-profit status
    By Snowman in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 05:58 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2002, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •