Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Back Noises

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jeff B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ontario, Canada

    Back Noises

    Often throughout the day if I turn to my left, or reach or pull/exercise with my left arm when I sit back straight up and facing forward my lower back will "thump" and it feels sort of like my vertebrae are popping back into place. When I do the wheelchair push-up I also often have the sensation that my lower back is cracking like a chiropractor would do. When either of these happens I sometimes feel the flushed or tingling sensation that I get when something painful is occurring below my sensation level (like having my hamstrings stretched, leg hair pulled of our being pinched). I am C6 complete so I shouldn't have any sensation there and haven't in the past but lately it almost feels like my lower back is a bit painful. It could just be phantom pain or neuropathic pain though.

    Should I be worried about this? Could such a thing be a sign of some type of degeneration of my vertebrae due to osteoporosis (or something else)? If this is something to investigate further who should I go to? My family doctor doesn't know a lot about spinal cord injuries and I don't see my physiatrist anymore because they are so busy. I could probably have physiotherapist take a look but is this probably something that I would need to get an x-ray or other test done for to take a better look?

  2. #2
    Senior Member CapnGimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Alpine, TX USA male T4complete
    Blog Entries
    I would get it checked out. If the noise is duplicatable, the doc might be able to feel/see what is happening but will probably want an mri or xray of the area. The simple fact that it causes the flushed/tingling sensation is what makes it a 'check me out'. Better a few bucks lost than a potential problem.
    Best wishes for you, hope it is something simple.

  3. #3
    sCI patients are at a greater risk for osteoporosis so it is wise to get it checked out. I would agree taht you will probly require some imaging so you should see a doctcor. My first choice would be the physiatrist or someone skilled in SCI.


Similar Threads

    By Max in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 01:02 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2002, 12:26 PM
  3. Back to the right way
    By Max in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2002, 11:15 AM
  4. Low-Dose Radiation to Prevent Complications of Back Surgery
    By Wise Young in forum Clinical Trials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2001, 08:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts