Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just my luck.

Just my luck.

I have the worse luck. A girl for once wrote to me from myspace and we really like each other, and she has the best personality. We've been having the best conversations, but the only thing is she lives over a 1000 miles away in Louisiana. I might sound shallow but looks do matter to me and she's so nice looking it just makes me sick b/c I've had other women write to me but they don't compare to this girl. Don't bust my balls to bad b/c looks matter to me but I just had to get that out.
    Thanks for listening,

Adam

An airplane maybe? Good god man, GO for it.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

I would but that would require me to get one of my PCA's to go with me and they don't have the money to do itplus they have other jobs to. I know it sounds like i'm making an excuse but I know they can't go. Believe me I would've been on my way already if I didn't need help.

Talk it up with her until you feel comfortable enough and plan a car or plane trip (a car would give more security) leaving you in her home town for a week or two. If it feels right between the both of you and you're feeling really attracted, why ditch the whole thing over a losy thousand miles. When I finished my undergraduate work on the east coast I drove and camped across the whole U.S. of A. just to check out living in Calif.. Just six years ago I drove a thousand miles to visit with my punk, drug selling brother in Arizona in the middle of summer in a wreck of a car w/o air...and that prick made me sorry I'd made the trip and sacrafice but I'm not sorry I had the balls to do it. Er, oh yeah!

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

So, if you really want to get together, and you have talked on the phone (as well as on-line) you could purchase a plane ticket for her to visit you instead.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    So, if you really want to get together, and you have talked on the phone (as well as on-line) you could purchase a plane ticket for her to visit you instead.

(KLD)
    Exactly what I was thinking.

If she really likes you, she will come to you...possibly at her own expense...

I speak from my own experience...

Although it did not work out for my friend and I, I traveled for like 11 hours from NC to PA to meet him, twice...He toyed with the idea of coming here, but being a C5, it was just a bit too uncomfortable for him and his caregiver to come this far...and I totally understood.

We remain friends to this day...

Teena

I'm sending you an IM too Adam...so go read...lol.

Thanks!

Teena

We talk about it a little, but not alot. Plus it's a little early and I'm sure we'll think of something.

Or meet to go on vacation somewhere?