Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does it really get better?

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    You can...........if that day comes I've got so much I want to do that someone will have to tie me down to make me sleep
    She tires me out even now' , 'she'll only be standing still to make me dinner, then i'll whisk her off round the world' ...

Things do get better but even better things lie ahead for the whole sci population and knowing what you will after going through all this, life will be more special than it ever was before...

Reg.
    JM
    Where oh where has my pixie gone now?????

An effective therapy for spinal cord injury is close, and don't let anybody beat you down for totally embracing that

First and foremost!

Do not get discouraged if you don't have an answer for
    something right away. Some issues or problems will
    take time and it benefit you to be calm and listen to what
    your body is trying to say. At certain times, no doctor will be able to tell you what the issue is. YOU must be the detective. This is tough when you are trying so hard to
    understand what your body is saying. BE PATIENT.

You will need to be ready to give yourself AND the world
    when you don't have answers on something TODAY!

Welcome.

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

It gets better,its different for sure but like your life before SCI its still gonna come down to what you make of it..

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

it actually pisses me off when somebody tries to tell me i can't do something. then i make it a point to show them that i can do it.
    Rollin.....we may be related!!!! LOL

It used to really make me mad when someone told me I couldnt do something. I spent days scheming and engineering just to prove those who said I couldnt do something wrong. I can safely say that I am a master at rigging stuff to work for me. Just give me a few minutes to think it out.

I believe it does get better wheels. You get to a point that you know your body and you can work your SCI around what you know. Like everyone else who said the SCI does not become our lives. We live our lives around the SCI. I just think about things a little more. I still do pretty much everything I want to do. If I cant do something, I find something else that brings just as much happiness to do.

I am very stubborn and hard headed. Sometimes I have to take the fall to realize that I am disabled. But I just get back up and keep working at it.

I wish you all the best Wheels. Just be strong. It is good you found Carecure....there was really nothing for me 17 years ago when I had my accident. There are alot of people who will support you here. Dont hesitate to ask questions even if you think they are stupid because usually someone has already asked the same one.......

Good luck in your recovery.....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

first a big welcome hi and hug to you , you have a nice picture, but I am sorry you have to be here at all.

what I recnetly said to a friend of mine who has been criticaly ill the last few years on and off (Cancer)." you WILL forget what NORMAL seemed to be and THIS will become normal for YOU". It donest lessen the agony or the pain or the fear or the greif that I do know for myself, but what it DOES do is somehow your body and mind fade the feeling of NEEDING to experince what you once did Phsycialy and over time you dont remember as well, its more the PICTUREs in your mind remembering. When that happend to me I remmeber saying to my spouse" OMG I dont remember how that feels (physicaly) I couldnt find it in my mind, I could picture it but not remeber the acutal feeling, and alhtough I felt intense greif and still do at times, it made me not think about it as often.

hope this Made SOME Sensee I have a Brain THAtt just donest function well someimtes in explaining but my heart is there in the words.

You WIll be ok, afteralll you have all of us!
    Jo