Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Massive abdominal pain for years... GONE BABY!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    5

    Massive abdominal pain for years... GONE BABY!

    I'm a c3/c4 complete quad. 15yrs post. I was having pain in my right side about half way up. It would never go away completely, but it was always worse the day before my bowel care and somewhat better the next day. I went the doc over and over. we did ultrasounds, MRI, gall bladder test... etc. It was getting to the point where I didn't feel like working, socializing or anything.

    You know what is was? Fiber. My doc told me to try it. But honestly, I didn't give it enough time and I wasn't doing enough either. I recently decided to try Benefiber cuz they say it dissolves completly w/ no taste. THAT STUFF ROX, YOU CAN'T TELL ITS THERE... EVEN IN STRAIGHT WATER!

    and also,

    DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. get a 1 litre container and drink 3 a day.

    I suffered for too long. don't be stupid like me.

  2. #2
    Cool!!! So glad to hear it turned out to be that easy!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    7,137
    Good to hear you feel better, pain sucks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    6,683
    I take fiber daily, and have for years. Abdominal pain doesn't improve - just keeps intensifying with time, like my back and elsewhere.

    Glad you found relief.
    Alan

    Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

  5. #5
    Glad you're feeling better, the mystery solved.

    Fiber ... It's a good thing.

  6. #6
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,226
    I've been wanting to try that Benefiber stuff .. glad to hear it worked for you!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno3D
    I'm a c3/c4 complete quad. 15yrs post. I was having pain in my right side about half way up. It would never go away completely, but it was always worse the day before my bowel care and somewhat better the next day. I went the doc over and over. we did ultrasounds, MRI, gall bladder test... etc. It was getting to the point where I didn't feel like working, socializing or anything.

    You know what is was? Fiber. My doc told me to try it. But honestly, I didn't give it enough time and I wasn't doing enough either. I recently decided to try Benefiber cuz they say it dissolves completly w/ no taste. THAT STUFF ROX, YOU CAN'T TELL ITS THERE... EVEN IN STRAIGHT WATER!

    and also,

    DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. get a 1 litre container and drink 3 a day.

    I suffered for too long. don't be stupid like me.
    I LOVE your post!!!!!!!
    http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
    Your fingernails reflect your health --
    Learn some warning signs --
    Karen Kline

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by alan
    I take fiber daily, and have for years. Abdominal pain doesn't improve - just keeps intensifying with time, like my back and elsewhere.

    Glad you found relief.
    Hi Alan,
    I think I remember you from the BrainTalk thread.

    Have you tried serrapeptase at all?

    My friend just told me about it and I've been trying it. It's an enzyme, I think. I have back pain, nothing like what you are dealing with, but still so bad it keeps me from being able to do things.

    I've been taking it about a month and I think there is improvement.

    You know, it's not like a drug that knocks out the pain.

    What it does, as I understand it, is reduce swelling.

    I think it's reducing my varicose veins... but I can't be sure. I took photos, and I still can't be sure.

    If you want to read what my friend wrote to me, I have it on one of my web pages:
    http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Serrapeptase.html
    http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
    Your fingernails reflect your health --
    Learn some warning signs --
    Karen Kline

  9. #9
    FWIW, for a few years now I've included B-12 deficiency in my list of things that can cause central pain, but I have to say this is the first apparent case I've actually come across aside from cases in medical literature.

    http://www.painonline.org/WhoGets.htm

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by David Berg
    FWIW, for a few years now I've included B-12 deficiency in my list of things that can cause central pain, but I have to say this is the first apparent case I've actually come across aside from cases in medical literature.

    http://www.painonline.org/WhoGets.htm
    Hi.
    Oh dear, do you mean me?

    I don't think I have central pain.

    There was a lot of pain with the tetanus, but there were so many things going on, like how hard it was to breathe, and how little strength I had, that I didn't keep track of specific aspects very well.

    Wait, you may be responding to the original post... sorry. I'm going to go back and read the beginning of the thread again. I don't remember it now.

    Yes, I was completely confused about what thread I was in.

    Please forgive me.
    http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
    Your fingernails reflect your health --
    Learn some warning signs --
    Karen Kline

Similar Threads

  1. DREZ for brachial plexus avulsions
    By Wise Young in forum Pain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
  3. Aaarrgghhhh!
    By Max in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 12:57 PM
  4. Pain and how to beat it
    By antiquity in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 09:13 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2002, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •