Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counting Down Until Tuesday!!!!

Counting Down Until Tuesday!!!!

His chair is here! His chair is here! His chair is here!

They are putting is all together over at the DME supplier we purchased it from and they came over yesterday to take all kinds of measurements of his old chair to get it initially set up so they can adjust more quickly when we come in.

ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait, I am so excited. They said it looks really slick, all black everything with the fenders black with subtle sparkles, like a car. They said it's the coolest chair they've ever put together. It is also the most expensive chair they have ever done (e.g. I am expecting them to kiss our butts from now until eternity ).

I'll update with gads of photos soon!! Just had to share my happy (for once!) news.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Congrats Ami...I hope this chair beings Chad (and yourself) lots of happiness to come.
    Last edited by wheeliecoach; 08-11-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Congrats Zilla. I (we) want to plan to see you guys Labor day! Is it the checker design? Bet Chad's excited.

Congrats and good luck with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv
    Congrats Zilla. I (we) want to plan to see you guys Labor day! Is it the checker design? Bet Chad's excited.
    Labor Day is great. A good friend of ours will be here from Sweden then, but they'll be using the upstairs bedroom(s). The downstairs pull out is all yours. Although I realized that our bathroom is not perfectly accessible for you since you need to slide under the sink. It's plenty big, but no slide-under sink. I could just help you or I can look around for an accessible nearly hotel, your call.

It's the all black, not the checkers. Checker was Small Boy's choice becuase it looked like your chair! But Chad like the black, so black it was.

See ya soon ... and you'll be the first to see the new chair from here probably!

So happy for Chad Ami........Yall need something good to happen!!!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Congrats, Ami. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see the chair
    Daniel

Yep. Post pics and good luck. I am sure your boy will want a ride too.

Oh yes, he rides on Chad's chair all the time. We get so many looks in public with smiles, it's actually a nice icebreaker most of the time because Litte Guy looks so cute on Big Guy's lap. But Little Guy is becoming big rather rapidly (... how this happen to kids, I've heard a rumor it happens to all kids ) so I'm not sure how much longer he can ride without crunching Chad's legs too much (and him not knowing it).

One of the things I'm really looking forward to with the new chair is that chad can walk/ride Small Boy to school. I walk him now and he always moans halfway there that he is tired. Or he lolligags around so much that we are almost late. So if Chad took him, he could ride and it would circumvent both: he wouldn't be tired and he would be speeding along at 5 mph. Plus it would do alot for Chad's independence to take Small Boy to school (and/or back). I just don't trust his old chair enough to send him 3/4 of a mile and back to school.

Ami

ETA: if anyone who was at the Rally in DC didn't meet us, we were the ones with a cute blonde little boy kickin' back on a hot guy in a hulking chair. Small Boy lays back and clasps his fingers behind his head most of the time while riding. It's quite the sight to those who have not seen him do it before! It really is funny actually, but I'm just so used to seeing him in that "pose" that I forget how funny it is!

I love the way you call him Little Guy and such online. (As a mom I quite understand the reason).
    T7-8 since Feb 2005