Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infections

Infections

My Urologist called me tonight and told me the Urine sample I dropped off last Week he got all the results to day I have 3 different infections growing , they tried Levaquin , Cipro , Bactrim ,and I take Methenamine every day (this one I've been taking everyday for 4 months now ) yet I have this nasty pain , at my Kidney area on both sides , what else < today he called and said he wanted me to go to the Hospital for 3 days for I.V. antibiotics , and he says he don't know what it is if that doesn't work . I went through all that in late JULY only then I stayed in the hospital , and his hospital didn't even give me all my normal medications , one day I found 3 pills still in the package that the nurse said she gave to me , that's why I want the tests done here for now on ,But nobody can figure out what's causing my pain ,can anyone help this pain is nasty , even on my pain meds. they don't take away this pain ,I need help bad ,thanks ; LBUSH

Larry, while you in the hospital for the uti, have your uro run some tests.
    Have you been checked for kidney stones, that could be one possibility
    and tell the doc about your pain and that it is increasing and your current
    med's aren't touching it at all!

Take care, Q
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Quote Originally Posted by LBUSH49
    My Urologist called me tonight and told me the Urine sample I dropped off last Week he got all the results to day I have 3 different infections growing , they tried Levaquin , Cipro , Bactrim ,and I take Methenamine every day (this one I've been taking everyday for 4 months now ) yet I have this nasty pain , at my Kidney area on both sides , what else < today he called and said he wanted me to go to the Hospital for 3 days for I.V. antibiotics , and he says he don't know what it is if that doesn't work . I went through all that in late JULY only then I stayed in the hospital , and his hospital didn't even give me all my normal medications , one day I found 3 pills still in the package that the nurse said she gave to me , that's why I want the tests done here for now on ,But nobody can figure out what's causing my pain ,can anyone help this pain is nasty , even on my pain meds. they don't take away this pain ,I need help bad ,thanks ; LBUSH
    Your doc wants you at the hospital for IV antibiotics. Go Larry. Don't go and you could die.

This isn't the time for posting on a message board unless you're on a laptop in your hospital bed.

Go tonight. Don't wait.

Even waiting until morning is a very bad idea. It will only give the bacteria time to grow and can make you sicker, much sicker.

Let us hear from you when you return from the hospital after the weekend.

Man, that's some serious bug killer you're getting loaded with. Speaking from personal experience here, you'd do yourself a big favor to head to the health food store and get yourself some form of pro-biotics. If you haven't heard of that before just ask 'em, they'll know what you're talking about. Basically, your body needs good "bugs" (bactieria) and the stuff you're taking to kill the bad ones will kill the good ones, too. It can cause some real digestive problems until you get things back in balance. You might not be able to take them till you get out of the hospital, but pick some up soon as you can.

I went for a Cat Scan , it came backshowing no stones , but he said that most of the bactieria was from my left Kidney , He doesn't understand why both are hurting me it was the left Kidney that he said I almost lost due to all the scar tissue, they are going to set up the IV antibiotics , my Urologist is in MA. and I live about 40 miles away in NH. , so I want to have it done here ,Just as I'm writing this my Urologist called saying he wants it done in the hospital for a 3 day stay , he said the antibiotic is a very powerful one and the second one could do more damage if not carefully watched it could do more damage to my left kidney which is already got damage from the scar tissue ,but the way my luck goes it would and I would loose my Kidney , so now I don't know what to do please help, LBUSH

Quote Originally Posted by LBUSH49
    I went for a Cat Scan , it came backshowing no stones , but he said that most of the bactieria was from my left Kidney , He doesn't understand why both are hurting me it was the left Kidney that he said I almost lost due to all the scar tissue, they are going to set up the IV antibiotics , my Urologist is in MA. and I live about 40 miles away in NH. , so I want to have it done here ,Just as I'm writing this my Urologist called saying he wants it done in the hospital for a 3 day stay , he said the antibiotic is a very powerful one and the second one could do more damage if not carefully watched it could do more damage to my left kidney which is already got damage from the scar tissue ,but the way my luck goes it would and I would loose my Kidney , so now I don't know what to do please help, LBUSH
    You don't know what to do?

Keep screwing around Larry and you'll lose more than your kidney.

Go to the hospital. Now.

All the drama isn't necessary. Just go to the hospital and have the iv antibiotics.

Larry, I understand with your past "bad experiences" with doc's and hospitals your being extremely leary to go to the hospital again.

But, go you must and soon. Sounds like you have a good doc this time
    since he even wants you monitored while your getting your med's. This is a good sign, Larry.

Pack your bags and go, we will definitely keep you in our prayers!

Queenie
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

I've had horrible experience in hospital, too.

I hesitate to tell you, it was so bad.

Darn. I'm not doing a good job of getting to the point.

If you aren't so sick as you are now, then it would be reasonable to try Vitamin C.

I know, sounds ludicrous for something so serious.

But, I had tetanus and the ER diagnosed me as paranoid. There was no swelling, I didn't have a fever, and you could barely see where the needle had gone into my toe. I had been screaming from the pain of the muscle contractions in my back, which the doctors couldn't see either. So they took my screaming when nothing was visibly wrong to be clear evidence that I was mentally ill. Paranoid.

Bother!!!!!

They gave me a tiny bit of antibiotic. I didn't realize that. I thought they had actually treated me.

I have this stupid brain damage and I don't write very clearly unless it's something easy or something I'm way familiar with putting into words.

On the internet I found some studies that involved Vitamin C and tetanus in Bangladesh. It was remarkable to me that everyone who was administered C lived and had less severe symptoms.

Then I found a few other really impressive things.

Okay, so after a few months of not being able to move much at all, and therefore not brushing my teeth, I got this gawd awful toothache. Just intense major sharp pain drilling into my head.

I took tons of Ibuprofen, which made about the difference of removing one fleck of dust from a dusty table.

In the absence of anything else, I took a lot of vitamin C, and low and behold the swelling and toothache went away.

Happiness.

So, I stopped the C and the swelling came back. Over and over again.

I think I have some sort of infection to this day because when I'm under stress I get this uncomfortable feeling on the roof of my mouth as if there's an abscess or something. My eyes burn, I get sooo tired. But then I take a large amount of C over several days and feel better.

I'm huge, 6 feet tall. And way heavy since I've been in bed so long. So for me I have to take 30 grams a day to get significant results.

Right now I'm taking 15 grams a day because of the burning eyes thing and being so tired, and I feel much better today, which is day three.
    http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
    Your fingernails reflect your health --
    Learn some warning signs --
    Karen Kline

well I came home from the hospital yesterday and found out I didn't have a UTI they think it 's from my back , but I noticed I've been dropping things a lot and my hands always are shaking , I don't know why , my fathers hands used to shake a lot any Ideas why ; LBUSH

Larry, I'm glad to hear you're home from the hospital. I'm moving your thread to the Care forum where you stand a much better chance to get feedback on the issues you have going on at this stage.

I wish you the best.

And if they did have you on that many antibiotics, then my advice to get some pro-biotics still stands. I'm not trying to recommend any particular brand, just whatever the health food store has available.