I just got back from an awesome trip to Cabo San Lucas in Baja, Mexico.

Here is what I did:

I spent 4 days down there with my sister, her boyfriend and a couple of friends of mine. We flew down from Chicago on United's low cost airline Ted. They don't have jetways at the airport so I was carried down the stairs in an aisle chair where my wheelchair was waiting. Took at cab to our hotel.

We stayed at the Melia Cabo Real and this hotel rocks. First of all it is about 95% wheelchair accessible. There is no carpet in the entire place including my room. Plenty of ramps and elevators. The lagoon pool has a ramp entrance. The only part that was not totally accessible is the beach. The best part of hotel was that everything is inclusive. EVERYTHING! Food, beverages, alcohol, everything is inclusive. I ate and drank like an pig.

Day 2 we rented jet skis. My buddy gave me a piggyback ride to get down to the beach. The water in the Sea of Cortez was aboslutely beautiful and jet skiing was a blast.

Day 3 we rented a car and went into town. The town is kind of dumpy and not very accessible. We went to a couple of bars and just hung out.

Day 4 Hung out at the hotel and just layed out in the sun and relaxed, ate and drank.

The only casualty of the entire trip was that I lost my camera so I can't provide you any pictures. I hope whoever stole it or found it enjoys it.

I highly reccommend this hotel and destination.