Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowel program blues!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have been eating one Activia yogurt a day and it has been a wonderful solution! It used to take me @ 45 min. and it was rarely formed. Now it takes @ 10 mins and the consistancy is perfect. Their commercials are really true!

Have you changed anything in the way that you are doing your program? has your diet changed? What you are drinking? When you are eating? Are you getting up on the toilet? Has your activity level changed? Medications?

If none of these have changed, then I would recommend looking at keeping a bowel proram diary for a week or two. In it, you would want to collect what you eat and when, medications that you take and when, and then what you drink and when. also keep track of your activity level. Also, you need to keep track of when you start your bp, what you do and the results that you have.

Hope that this helps,
    CKF

hello there flyarmy samething has been happening to me maybe three weeks ago i started to know about this i also use half a magic bullter usually it starts to work 15 minutes and it takes about 1 hour to finish my bp programs and by the time im done after alittle bit over an hour i hop to my shower chair to shower i start to get more bowel when im in the shower this is getting old it seems that i maybe needing more than an hour any advice would be greatly aprreciated thanks guys

im going for a colostomy in 2 weeks. no more 1 hr bp for me after 19 yrs. i cant wait...

Israel:
    Have you changed anything recently? Your diet? Your activity level? What you drink? Medications? Any of those could cause you to go more. I am assuming that you haven't changed caregivers, cuz even that can lead to problems.

CKF

Quote Originally Posted by Israel View Post
    hello there flyarmy samething has been happening to me maybe three weeks ago i started to know about this i also use half a magic bullter usually it starts to work 15 minutes and it takes about 1 hour to finish my bp programs and by the time im done after alittle bit over an hour i hop to my shower chair to shower i start to get more bowel when im in the shower this is getting old it seems that i maybe needing more than an hour any advice would be greatly aprreciated thanks guys
    This sounds very similar to my bowel program -- tho it takes me 15 mins over toilet to finish but I also get the mucous junk when I'm showering. I'm not really worried about it cuz I'd rather have it happen in the shower than while I'm up in my wc. Israel, maybe you need more fiber, I eat alot of fiber and it really speeds up my bp and I always have good results.

it's boring, old fashioned advice, but fiber really works.
    find a couple of high fiber cereals (raisin bran, all-bran, .....fiber-one has something like 20grams of fiber in 1 serving...that's almost a whole days worth) you like and have some every morning.
    eat whole grain bread.
    Barilla pasta has "barilla plus" which has more fiber than regular pasta, but still tastes like regular pasta.
    brown rice instead of white.
    eat more fruits and veggies.
    drink lots of water.
    it's old fashioned, i know, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancie View Post
    it's boring, old fashioned advice, but fiber really works.
    find a couple of high fiber cereals (raisin bran, all-bran, .....fiber-one has something like 20grams of fiber in 1 serving...that's almost a whole days worth) you like and have some every morning.
    eat whole grain bread.
    Barilla pasta has "barilla plus" which has more fiber than regular pasta, but still tastes like regular pasta.
    brown rice instead of white.
    eat more fruits and veggies.
    drink lots of water.
    it's old fashioned, i know, but it works.
    Good advice Nancie, everything you mentioned I eat except the water part I tend to drink more diet soda. Fiber-on also has a pancake/waffle mix -- I'm not a big pancake eater but every now and then I get a craving for it and now that it has fiber added to it just makes it even better.

I try to do my bowel program everyday, it is as simple as hopping on the commode checking if there some little buddies, if there is I wll do my bowel program.....just dig stim. If there isn't anything there then I wipe up and hit the shower. I don my bowel program in the mornings. I don't like to use the Magic Bullets because I hate that mucuos that come out later. I have also tried the Eneemez and it kinda worked.

What I do is I keep track how long I go without getting any little buddies. If it has been 4-5 days then I pop a Ducalax about 10pm, and walaw! There are all my buddies coming out at once. It is usually one big piece (the plug) and then all the mushy stuff comes out, in those occasions my BP will last a good hour. I am usually good for 3 days after a good clean out. If you try this make sure you have a plunger because I usually clog my toilet when I do this. I take Oxycotin and that dries you up a lot, I try to drink a lot of water and eat fiber but it just doesn't help me.

Another thing I have notice that when I get on my stander, I usually have a nice pope the next day. Hope this helps and good luck brother..

This is all good advice. I would also add that if you are changing your program, change one thing at a time. For instance, if you think that adding more fiber will help, then add it gradually. Once you begin to get the results that you need to, you might need to change something else a little. However, if you go and change the amount of fiber, then add a medication and also add a suppository - you won't know what is working for you and what may not be.

The other thing I would add to the process is keep a bowel diary. In it- right down the date, time you start and every single thing that you do for it. Keep track of what you eat and drink. As you change things, note that as a part of the diary. Then you have a good idea of what is working, what didn't and what you need to change.

CKF