Thread: Liquid Neurontin on the horizon

Smile Liquid Neurontin on the horizon

I had my 3rd baclofen pump installed by the man who pioneered this process in the 80's ,Dr. Richard Penn at the Univ. Of Chicago. The procedure was a breeze and we got to talking about neuropathic pain. I told him about the failure of elavil, and neurontin for me. He said his next goal is to get neurontin in a suitable liquid form to be used in the Medtronic pump. I did not have time to ask him why neurontin would work any better than oral neuronton, but I have a follow up visit 8/18/06 and hopefully I can post that info. I am very optimistic, I trust this man with my life. As we all know the burning pain of sci is sometimes brutal To find something to take the edge off this pain would be AWESOME!!!

John
    C-7 incomplete quad post 14 years

Smile neurontin in pump is coming soon!!

As I posted before I had my 3rd pump put in 8/3/06. It is a wonderfull technology that will and is changing the way medications are delivered with better results and less side effects.

Dr. Richard Penn of Univ. Of Chicago(type his name in any search engine) is working with Medtronics to develop neurontin in liquid form to deal with neuropathic pain due to SCI. As I mentioned in my previous post , no medication has worked for me in my 14 years of sci for neuro pain. According to Dr. Penn., Neurontin in the pump would work more effciently than oral meds. He is a dedicated Dr. striving to ease human suffering, and as I said, I trust everything he says. He has given me hope and maybe others to ease the suffering caused by neuropathic pain and give us a better quality of life.

Any questions about the medtronics pump just type in medtronics in any seach engine or e-mail me at
    Ponz59@yahoo.com

John
    Chicago