Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here We Go Again-locating New Pain Mgmt

Learning So Much Info

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE HELPFUL INFORMATION.
    I AM GOING TO READ UP ON ALL THE INFORMATION I CAN. I MAY NOT UNDERSTAND ALL OF WHAT I READ,BUT IT'S A GREAT START.
    As for the advice on the tylenol I know this cannot be good for my husband and so does he. That is why we are looking for other options.
    I have contacted Mt. Siani hospital (New York) pain management center and we will proceed with them. I am hopeful that just maybe they will understand his pain. This hospital deals with sci.
    Again thanks
    Marianne

Just wondering how things are going Marianne??Marcia

pain clinic

Have you checked with your local independent living center .
    http://ilru.org/
    SM/ACM Surgery in 1999

When the world says "give up"; hope whispers "try one more time"
    -anonymous

Hi Marcia

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for your concern, we are going to the pain management doctor today (Wed. 8/23) this is the same doctor who gave us a very hard time last month, but we must follow up because we need the meds.
    Next week I made an appointment for my husband to go to Mt. Siani hospital in New York City, maybe the pain management there will understand his pain. This hospital deals with sci so I am hoping and praying that they can help him. This is a trip for us but I will try anything to get the right treatment for him. Now the perocit isn't even helping and he's up to 10 pills a day and still in pain. He has tried a number of drugs but nothing seems to help maybe the last resort is metahone (I'm sure I didn't spell this right) but we will see.
    I will keep you updated.
    Thanks,
    Marianne

Methadone is spelled with an H my dearest darling. You were very close though. What's the difference. You are very smart. I mean you picked me as a husband didn't you? Well maybe you were slightly off on that one? Anyway thanks for all your researching around, and I love you. For everyone else, thanks for the input and just to let you know the pain doc said to me yesterday that he has a gut feeling that i really don't want to recover. A gut feeling yet. A scientist goes on his gut that I would rather be lonely and in pain with great difficulty walking than be out working, playing golf and dancing with my beautiful wife. You fellas and gals should see her. She's a knockout with the greatest legs you'll ever see and a smile that can't be beat. I could say alot more about the doc but I'd just get frustrated. It comes down to they think they know your body better than you do because they've got degrees on the wall. Don't kid yourselves it's not just the government. You don't have to be very smart to become a doctor. You know it's refered to as the "health industry" now. That's because when it was known as medical practise, it was to easy to be called medical malpractise. See you later, hon.

Percocet isn't a very strong med, and, as mentioned above, it contains acetaminophen (Tylenol.) When you find a pain doc willing to prescribe whatever is needed, discuss this with him/her - a pure long-acting opiate is a better choice. No need to put a liver at risk with long-term acetaminophen.
    Last edited by alan; 08-24-2006 at 08:19 PM.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.