Thread: Diflucan effective while on antibiotics?

Diflucan effective while on antibiotics?

Is Diflucan effective while you are taking antibiotics? I?ve come down with a yeast infection after a few days on amoxicillin-cavilon for a UTI and still have 8 days to go on my prescription. I can?t treat the yeast infection with cream as I use a condom catheter. I've picked up some BIO-K plus probiotics (50 billion bacteria) recommended by the pharmacist and am hoping the diflucan and probiotics can keep the yeast infection at bay until I finish the antibiotics. Is this reasonable?

I?d never had a yeast infection for the first 38 or so years post injury but in the last few years I now usually get a yeast infection with antibiotics. What risks does Diflucan have if it is used frequently? Thanks

Diflucan can be given as a one time dose for yeast infection. You could use also try an anti fungal powder instead of cream. Use of probiotics should be in your daily supplements to prevent recurrence.

pbr

is there a good site I can go to for proper protocol for using urethral foley catheter in case I need to go there for a while until my skin heals? I've never used a foley, left rehab with a condom catheter.