Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Wedding Dress ?

  1. #1

    Question Wedding Dress ?

    Well I wanted to know if any women would mind posting pictures of their wedding dress they had when married with an SCI or in a wheelchair. I'm interested in knowing how everyone made their wedding dresses work for their chair. I'd appreciate it very much. I've never seen a wedding with a women in a wheelchair--still a newbie to the wheelchair/sci thing.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member amanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    959
    you might try asking this over on the boards at beauty ability.
    http://www.beautyability.com/
    it's a great place to get this kind of info and feedback....even some clever ideas and/or opinions.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

  3. #3
    This site was just featured in New Mobility: http://wheelyglam.co.uk/ (WheelyGlam Consultation Service, for wheelchair brides to be & special occasions)

  4. #4
    I just wore a regular dress...actually ended up ordering it a week before my wedding so it wasn't even as ideal as it could have been (very long story).
    Heres a photo. The dress still has wheelmarks down thhe sides! lol

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda
    you might try asking this over on the boards at beauty ability.
    http://www.beautyability.com/
    it's a great place to get this kind of info and feedback....even some clever ideas and/or opinions.
    2nd that. there have been some wedding dress discussions there recently.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi2
    I just wore a regular dress...actually ended up ordering it a week before my wedding so it wasn't even as ideal as it could have been (very long story).
    Heres a photo. The dress still has wheelmarks down thhe sides! lol

    beautiful pictures !

  7. #7
    thanks for the information everyone !

  8. #8
    I'm going to be brutally honest. Those dresses on that wheelyglam site are pretty brutal. I'd rather just buy my dress and have it modified somehow.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KiranA
    I'm going to be brutally honest. Those dresses on that wheelyglam site are pretty brutal. I'd rather just buy my dress and have it modified somehow.

    2nd that opinion!

    I've never worn a bridal gown but a number of brides maid dresses. Once I had to take out the krynolin (sp) in the back so it wasn't soo fluffy and I could sit.

    When the time comes I'd buy off the rack too! I just ask my friend who's about the same hieght to sit so I get a sense of what it look like as chances are you will not be able to try clothing on in the store/boutique.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

    I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KiranA
    I'm going to be brutally honest. Those dresses on that wheelyglam site are pretty brutal. I'd rather just buy my dress and have it modified somehow.
    The website mostly didn't work in Opera, and I wasn't interested enough to check it out in IE :-).

    I'd probably look for something very slim, rather than pinning my hopes on a bouffant dress (anybody see Four Weddings and a Funeral? the dresses they called "meringues").

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2002, 05:35 PM
  2. ideas for wedding entrance
    By jjs in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2002, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •