Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 100% recovery?

Thank you all very much for all of your information. I appreciate it. I am somewhat new to my injury, it being about a year and a half since my accident. I have gained many returns and am still hoping to regain all of my loss back. I just didn't know what exactly determines a 100% recovery. Is it sensations, or just being able to do everything you used to do? Just didn't know and thought I would come to those in the same/similar situations. Anyways Thank You all

Quote Originally Posted by 05survivor
    Thank you all very much for all of your information. I appreciate it. I am somewhat new to my injury, it being about a year and a half since my accident. I have gained many returns and am still hoping to regain all of my loss back. I just didn't know what exactly determines a 100% recovery. Is it sensations, or just being able to do everything you used to do? Just didn't know and thought I would come to those in the same/similar situations. Anyways Thank You all
    What do you consider 100% recovery?
    Daniel

I asked if 100% recovery was possible here in my first year after injury. I still don't know the answer. I've recovered 90+% from a C5/6 injury and you wouldn't know I had been hurt if I didn't tell you. I still have some sensation impairment on might right side associated with Brown Sequard Syndrome. My left side is still a bit weaker physically than my right.

I've never seen anyone post about being 100% recovered in my 5 years. I've been lucky to get to where I am...

100% Recovery for me is being able to do everything i used to, i mean i dont care if im weaker then any abled body person
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

If I walk again and get sensation of my penis, i'll have recovered 100%. J/K, but does any1 know if the stem cells will also work as good if part of the spinal cord is missing? I don't know what my spinal cord looks like but have always thought that the bullet scraped my spinal cord. My legs gave out the moment the bullet traveled thru my body. I've always been too scared to ask the doctors the damage it caused my spine.
    AstrO

Thanks, Spinalnurse. You continually teach us something new.

Sorry been so long was super sick with some type of virual infection. To answer your question Dan I would agree with Mr. Coffee. My personal definition of 100% recovery is being able to do all that I was able to do before.

Quote Originally Posted by 05survivor
    Does anyone know the probability/possibility of complete recovery? Has it ever happened? What are the determining factors of a 100% recovery? Any guesses, comments, knowledge greatly appreciated. Thanks. T-4 incomplete 03-08-05.
    I just met a guy who is a xray student at a local hospital and we started chatting, he finally said so what are you a c4-5-6? I answered yes and had noticed he had two dimples in his forehead so I asked him if he had a halo. He told me he dislocated c4,5,6 ten years ago in a tumbling accident. He lived in a small town in New York and said they got him to a local hospital in about an hour where they started steroid therapy. A top nuro doc had just started at that hospital so they paged him right away and he took over his care. This guy had surgery (we compaired scars) and was a complete quad for a few weeks both loss of feeling and movement. He had 100% recovery and knows how luckey he is, I wish we could have talked longer but he was working.

^^(A)^^
    ^^(A)^^

I've seen quads where their verbra where completely shattered or dislocated but they never touched the spinal cord itself or damanged. They were complete due to the massive swelling of the spinal cord and all they had to do is wait and slowly the regained everything as soon as their cord stopped swelling.

I don't see how its possible to get 100% recovery if nerves coating is damanged or excesss scare tissue is on your cord. Unless your body can regnerate the nerve mylon (spelling) or you can remove the scare tissue then retrain your body.

I was lucky enough they also got me into the operating room in about 3 hours and gave me steriods to reduce the swelling so it wouldn't continue to squeeze my spainl cord.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

check our www.rummerfield.com to see a fully recovered quad. He is amazing. They told me about him when I contacted the Kennedy Krieger Institute for additional therapy for our son. 2 days later he called us and I talked to him for over an hour. He really gave us a lot of hope.