View Poll Results: Did your first chair suck?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, wrong measurements

74 35.58%
  • Yes, wrong style

29 13.94%
  • Yes, it was a dinosaur

63 30.29%
  • No, it was perfect

42 20.19%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Did your first chair suck?

Did your first chair suck?

Experience is a brutal teacher, what did you learn?

It just was hard to push it was heavy!!
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Yes Beth, mine was ancient. It was created shortly after they'd invented the wheel

It was an OLD 45 lb Everest & Jennings. Rolled like an anvil, not to mention as comfortable as a hole in a rock.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Yes, SSC put me in a Quickie "folding chair" because the cost more. My level is T11/12 incomplete. I had no idea at the time what a "rigid" frame was and six months later it was tore up and I had to buy a "used" rigid frame with a presciption from my doctor stating it was for my mental health. I had a simular experience with my braces. I need the leg lock fixed and the hospital sent them off to Colorado and refurbished them. $2000.00 to fix a leg brace lock. I remember his name was Mel and he work at Sothern Regional. he was A SCAM. and everyone wonder how I keep such a good attitude. Oh I learned to build them.

I'm still in my first chair and I hate it. It's heavy, ugly and I'm always uncomfortable in it.

Mine was a folder, now I have a rigid and can't believe how much more efficient it is. The measurements were wrong too. I guess they anticipated I'd grow 2 inches longer-and wider. At 40 LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Mine was a folder, now I have a rigid and can't believe how much more efficient it is. The measurements were wrong too. I guess they anticipated I'd grow 2 inches longer-and wider. At 40 LOL.
    Ha ha I just got fat. 14" now I'm in a 16" ........I guess to much free beer for me. http://www.flysrb.com/Nice%20Beer%20Koozie.jpg

The controls would stick and tilting back was scary.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Mine was a huge, Everst & Jenning quick silver. I must have weighed 48 lbs. Like a tank. Om on my 3, chair. My quickie I have had for about 14trs. It weighs like 28 lbs.

i answered yes, but both power and manual were not perfect.. still have both, but as with any chairs, had to make minor adjustments.. i love my Jazzy.. Jeff

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia