Thread: getting worried

getting worried

In May I had the ILEAL CONDUIT done , now 2x's in the last week I looked at my bag and it was full of blood , for the past 2 weeks when I wake up I have the worse pain in my Kidney area and my Urine has a awful smell , I called my Primary DR. he told me that my uroligist is taking care of that which is true ,so I called him and all he says is drink more water my wife says the same thing , I drink about 6-8 glasses a day , but I still have the pain , should I be concerned or just let it go? LBUSH

Hey there Larry,

If your urine is still a dark red, I'd be concerned.
    You may have the pain in the kidney area for a while even if it's getting lighter in color, only you can tell if it is getting lighter when you empty.

I would think with this loss of blood you'd begin to feel a bit weak after while too if it isn't getting better, maybe not.

I don't know how long this has gone on either, if a week or better then I would call the "uro" and tell him what is happening and how long it's been, just to see what he recommends for you.

You take care,

Q
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

It was just those 2x's then the red was gone , but my Urine is cloudy and has a bad smell to it. The temps are in the triple digits so that's making me weaker anyway ,but I'm feeling tierd all the time , not running a fever yet .
    Last edited by LBUSH49; 08-02-2006 at 09:33 AM.

Call the doctor's office & tell them.

CWO

I called my Urologist and told him , after a major surgey that he should be watching me more closely , and I wear a folley bag and have to throw it away after just 3 x's wearing it the smell is so bad , I can tell just by the color and smell I have another U.T.I. and I want to catch it before it gets to bad like the last one that put me in the hospital for 3 days ,after I told him all this he finally said to bring a Urine sample to the hospital to have it checked out , a person knows when their body isn't right so off to the hospital I go after my wife gets home from work. and I want to thank you for agreeing with what I thought should be done in the first place , some of these DR.'s I just can't figure them out ; LBUSH
    Last edited by LBUSH49; 08-02-2006 at 11:18 AM.