Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Invacare MVP?? To fold or not to fold?

Invacare MVP?? To fold or not to fold?

Does anyone have that chair? Anything named invacare makes me shudder. Mike wanted a 85 degree angle on a Quickie 2 but I guess they don't do that angle anymore. He really wants a folding chair but the rep is pushing the rigid Quckie GT. The only other chair he tried was Kuschall and he hated it.

rigid is by far the best especially as he gains his ind back.

folding chairs arent any good.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I know I know... That is what everyone is saying but why? The rep says it is about a pound lighter wow.... And as for me right now?... I would rather fold than take a chair apart and put in the trunk. Will it be easier for him when he drives?

theres nothing good for the user w/ a folding chair. they are heavier, you lose alot of your push 9into the frame, more shit to break. they are worthless. a rigid is simpler for you or him to put in the car. pop the wheels off and thats it.

i dont recommend any quickie , they are junk. look at colours or tilite
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

best ,,folding,, chair is the activator. light, strong. i have one of the first ones in the netherlands and they are produced here. it is a design, which comes from ireland, mobility vision. builder is tns revalidatie service.
    they just have a new catalog. info@tnsrijen.nl
    good luck

A folding chair will give at the folding joint, you lose push power and they are just more rickety in general. Surprised he hated kuschall, but different strokes. My first chair was a ti folder. Like nearly all first chairs, it sucked.

Can he try out demos? I suggest listening to fuentes (My God it costs me to say that!)

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I suggest listening to fuentes (My God it costs me to say that!)
    HAHA..........@ the bethster.

i feel you'd be throwin away money buyin a folder. just "MY" opinion though.

Ok, I have to have him do more research. He really needs to get online!! He is going to try to borrow a rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy van de brand
    best ,,folding,, chair is the activator. light, strong. i have one of the first ones in the netherlands and they are produced here. it is a design, which comes from ireland, mobility vision. builder is tns revalidatie service.
    they just have a new catalog. info@tnsrijen.nl
    good luck
    timothy,
    how much is the activator? i like it, and would have gotten one if available here in us. might try to get one from europe.
    zz

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperChick
    I know I know... That is what everyone is saying but why? The rep says it is about a pound lighter wow.... And as for me right now?... I would rather fold than take a chair apart and put in the trunk. Will it be easier for him when he drives?
    Putting a rigid chair in the trunk is simple. The wheels pop right off, take off the cushion, fold down the back. DOne. My kids do it all the time (15 and 17 tho ..... older than yours.) I have learned to do it from the drivers seat, but since we still haven';t modified a car yet, don't do it on a regular basis. But as mentioned in another thread, practice makes better. I ha ve seen it done using a folding, and that have a few steps as well. I think the benefits of a rigid chair outweigh all that.

I have a Quickie GT and it is fine, but it is also my first chair. I don't remember now all the ones I demo'd in the hospital, perhaps listen to those who have used more than one.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005