Thread: Hacking Attempts from

Hacking Attempts from

sci.rutgers.edu...wtf?

my firewall pops out a warning that I have had 13 attempts at ports and other weird shit. This is the first time in 3 yrs or so this has happend. Trace routes and source IP are all from rutgers! Somebody up there need to see this stuff?
    maybe unruffle my feathers.
    No damage done I guess, since they were all blocked...I hope!
    DIGG.

I just checked my firewall and some attempts were blocked by mine also. Interesting...........
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

bump,bump,thump,thump
    DIGG.

I get a lot of traffic off 128.6.58.251 but it is just normal traffic from sci.rutgers.edu. on IRC port scans are common to make sure no one is connecting with a trojan or virus infected computer that might try to spread itself around via IRC. I don't know that rutgers does similar but I have a hard time believing any one is being hacked via sci.rutgers.edu.
    Teyrn

Thanks Teyrn.
    I looked up some of the jargon used and felt better about it. Some were port probes (tcp) others were legit programs. LOL, I guess the firewall likes to word things strongly to make you think your gettin your money's worth.
    DIGG.

Random connection attempts are extremely common on the Internet. Many surveys have stated that if you put an unpatched Windows computer on the Internet it will be hacked in 20 minutes.

My firewall pops with some strange shtuff.

The weirdest for me is a daily attempt at connecting/hacking via DoD (Depart of Defense) in Ohio. You can't tell me if the DoD wanted to hack into my PC they couldn't!

Just find it odd.

Most my attempts are faked IP's. It's fairly easy to forge yor ip's if you got the right stuff.