Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Online Ordering!

I Hate Online Ordering!

Okay, that's not an accurate statement. I usually do like the convenience of ordering items online, but I'm totally frustrated with my recent ebay experience; not because of the seller, but because I CANNOT READ!.

First some background. I dropped my RAZR in the tub about three weeks ago and of course, fried my phone. Tried taking it apart and drying it out before putting it back together. Of course this didn't work.

So I called my cell provider, and they told me I was SOL since I had about 14 more months on my current contract. I went online on EBay and found a bunch of used phones, so I decided to place a bid on a RAZR. I checked the seller, made sure the positive feedback, etc, and felt confident in bidding on a legit item. I ended up paying about $100, very average price for the phone.

Well, I got the phone today, charged it up, inserted my SIM card, powered it on, and realized that although the ebay item said that i was a T-Mobile phone that was unlocked, it wasn't actually unlocked at all. So I spent time flashing downrev firmwareand upreving to go ahead and unlock the phone, right? And finally got it to power on. Success! So I thought. NOT!!!!! As I entered my home phone (so I could check my messages), I realized the 1 button didn't work. Actually, a couple of the buttons didn't work. Unhappy, I opened the phone, removed the battery, and sure enough, I saw the unhappy red dot--the sign of water damage.

Starting to get pissed, I went to the eBAY website, prepared to contact the seller and demand an explanation, when I re-read the listing and realized he had disclosed the water damage and the fact that 1,3,5 and = buttons didn't work. Needless to say, I went ahead and offered positive feedback, cuz it wasn't his fault, it was mine. Apparently, I'm not one to read fine print or not-so-fine print.

So, I'm back to ordering another phone off ebay. Wonder if I should offer the same disclosures as the dude who sold me this broken phone. Maybe I can get some of my money back.

ARGH.

Okay, Lexi. Now it's your turn to tell the story of your KEDS.

~dan
    Daniel

p.s. i hate razrs. I miss the days where cell phones felt like a brick and weighed a ton. I could throw my motorola flip phone 3 story building and it'd work fine. I remember when I upgraded to the "motorola digital lite." That phone lasted me 4 years, including being tossed several times out of a moving vehicle. I finally got rid of it after I could no longer find replacement batteries.
    Daniel

Slingbacks........never heard of em til today when I got the keds I ordered today, with half the freaking back missing!!!!!!!!!! DAMNIT.......it really helps to read what you are ordering, even if you think you've looked at what you getting. At least what I ordered is working though Ok who is next?? Lex

Damn Lex I thought you were getting all girly when I read slingbacks, I should know better

I suggest not using a phone in your bathroom. Problem solved.

This may sound stupid, but often, a session in a 190 degree oven for an hour or so will cure that issue.
    The touch panel will vaporize the moisture and then you will need to move the buttons around while it is still very warm.
    I did it to three phones so far. All worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by thenose
    This may sound stupid, but often, a session in a 190 degree oven for an hour or so will cure that issue.
    The touch panel will vaporize the moisture and then you will need to move the buttons around while it is still very warm.
    I did it to three phones so far. All worked well.
    never tried the actual oven idea, but it's essentially the same as a "hot box" which is an enclosed closet w/a dehumidifier and a space heater....VERY useful in a wet environmet & electronics...works VERY well...

At this point it does't hurt to try Dan.....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Chelle, I'll give it a shot. Thanks

~dan
    Daniel

Dan-
    Make sure ya keep the temp down to what TheNose recommended....as I said, I've never used the oven method, but the hot box method works quite well...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

A friend once used that treatment (some years ago) to fix some avionics that had been submerged in a lake. Probably not quite that hot, though. Worked perfectly!
    - Richard