Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just some whining here

Hi TheNose and Ami,

I live alone (with my greyhound) and just kinda get used to things being a mess. I don't even see it. I really only notice it when I come back from my Mom's house (been there twice in 5 years) because everything in her house is so spotless, organized and white. Or my brother's house because it too is immaculate. He's gay and kinda likes to clean and flower arrange. Just kidding about the flower arrangement. I'm a smoker so everything in my house has a tinge of "tan" to it but I don't really see that either. I just attribute it to the eggshell white paint color that I chose 5 long years ago. Even though I know it wasn't that "off-white" way back then. Hey, I'm a bachelor. As long as everything works in my house, I can reach what I need and I can wheel around with ease the aesthetics can wait.

I have a landscaping service so the outside of my house fits right in with the neighborhood.... wouldn't wanna bring down my neighbor's property value or be an eyesore to them.

But once my computer desk and kitchen got so bad that I took a couple pictures of them. I could really see the mess when it was on film. Overflowing ashtrays, beer cans, whiskey bottles laying on their sides, reefer paraphernalia etc all over the place. I've since changed my ways (yeah right.... somewhat) and it isn't that bad anymore.... for the most part I quit drinking and the reefer paraphernalia was from irresponsible friends. Out of plain view for that stuff. But I sure do appreciate the Fourth Amendment to our Constitution (Bill of Rights) or the authorities might gain unreasonable entrance and deem my house unfit for human habitation!

If it isn't smelling or rotting it can stay right where it's at. That way I know where everything is. I already have a box farm in my garage and am now starting to germinate a box garden in my living room. Amazon loves me.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Ami
    Since you wanted a laugh.....I gotta tell this one.

I came home from work one day to find the house spotless. Now one always has to wonder what has happened to make a 14 year old clean up a house and I am talking even the toilets. She had never before done the toilets. Candles were burning and Im thinking wow someone is really going to surprise me.......NOT

I open the door to the microwave, pop in a bag of popcorn and the awfulest smell I have ever smelled starts filling up the house. I started yelling.......here she comes. "Mom I burned some pumpernickel bread in the microwave". She had cleaned and cleaned and cleaned but the microwave told on her. It stunk so bad we couldnt stay in the house. I had to open the doors and windows. It was winter time. We had to put it out on the porch. Thankfully I could plug it up and we could still use it without dying from the stench until the next week when I could afford to replace it.

Well fast forward a year later and we are moving. I come across a plate placed strategically between the back wall and the porch. I pull it out and on the plate is a black mass. It was a corelle plate. You know how tough corelle is???? LOL She had tried to chisel that piece of Pumpernickel bread off the plate and couldnt. I have never seen anything so burnt before. So naturally I called her out to the back porch and asked her what it was........She starts explaining. She had put that piece of bread in the microwave for what she thought was 5 seconds and really was five minutes.

The moral of this story.......My daughter can't cook and if my house is clean then you better start asking serious questions.....LOL

Hope yall got a good laugh because she has never been able to live that down.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Coal or bread??
    Last edited by thenose; 08-12-2006 at 09:01 AM.

A clean house is like a museum.

I dont want to live in a museum.
    Last edited by thenose; 08-12-2006 at 09:02 AM.

Well Nose if a person has kids......the house certainly doesnt resemble a museum. LOL

I just quietly shut my daughters door when the sight or the smell gets too much. It is bad when you cant stand the smell of your own room. She eventually cleans it up when I start shutting the door.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown