Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Hobbies

Hi

I'm really bored over weekends and i'm trying to find things that i could do that would bring some joy, excitement and fun to my life. Therefore, it would be highly appreciated if you could tell me about your hobby or hobbies please? Being male, things like knitting, sewing and some other female stuff will not interest me but, please tell us about it nonetheless because it might interest others here.

Kind Regards

Shawn

Can someone please move this to the Life forum

What's your injury level?

As important as your level of injury is...what do YOU want to do? Or what would you like to do? What are your interests? What type of things did you enjoy before your injury?

I'm very active outdoors (hunting, fishing, shooting, etc.) and if I was in So. Africa, I'd be out in the bush right now!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye
    I'm very active outdoors (hunting, fishing, shooting, etc.) and if I was in So. Africa, I'd be out in the bush right now!
    ditto that! september cant come soon enough, watchout doves, got a new beneli!!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Photography and outdoors.........camping and reading. I could tell you about my female hobbies such as scrapbooking and growing flowers but don't think they would interest you......LOL

The important thing is for you to make a list of things you enjoy and work from there. Some hobbies work into others in example photography worked into scrapbooking for me. Scapping is usually a winter activity when the weather is too cold to go outdoors.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

My injury level is T10. I like spending quality time with my daughter, being amongst friends at a braai (BBQ), watching a good movie, listening to music, playing darts, card games and exercising with weights. I want to try new things, maybe something that would give me an addrenalin rush.

You could always head to the local skate park and drop your chair into the bowl. that would be an adrenaline rush! jk. Not recommended without some experience. LOL

I haven't been around much over the last several weeks since the majority of my time is spent in the woods. I've been camping every weekend and am relearning how to swim. I also enjoy fishing. We take our cameras with us, since we never know when we will see something interesting to capture with the lens--everything from mayflies sitting on the fishing pole to new colts in a roadside field.

I like to collect knives.

Hunt Vagina
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer