Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual wheelchair for a quad?

Manual wheelchair for a quad?

Finally getting one!!! I've tried a few out and at the moment my favourites are a) Cyclone Ti Mirage b) Quikie GT

What do you guys use? What would you recommend? (I'm a c5/c6 quad, I want something light weight, easy to manoeuver, that's small enough to fit in the trunk of a car).

What extras do you have?
    (am getting, folding push handles, anti-tip bar & E-motion wheels, is there anything else I should have?)

What type of push rims do you use?
    Last edited by loco; 07-31-2006 at 08:10 AM.

colours eclipse. spinergy 24 in wheels. no extras but scissor brakes
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I started with a quickie gt but just got the new Top End Crossfire. The top end chair is much better. 24' spinergys,ergo seating, fold back and easier to push,

I have a tilite evo with e.motion wheels. Do you drive from your chair or transfer yourself? What were you in previously? How much did you get out of the house?

Depending on how strong you are the transition from a power chair to a manual chair can be tough. If you are very strong and transfer yourself into a car I would recommend an open frame tilite with spinergy wheels.

Thumbs up

Cyclone, really good, British Made and they sent a guy to my house who is actually in a wheelchair, measured me up, and good choice of colours. I ordered the Cyclone TI Mirage, a bit pricey but definately worth it. I chose a girlie pink frame to match my girlie pink stick

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Hughes
    Cyclone, really good, British Made and they sent a guy to my house who is actually in a wheelchair, measured me up, and good choice of colours. I ordered the Cyclone TI Mirage, a bit pricey but definately worth it. I chose a girlie pink frame to match my girlie pink stick
    Did you get any vouchers from the wheelchair service for the Cyclone?

No, didnt go through that route, had some money left over from recent divorce settlement, so though I would put it to some good use.

I'd like to stay in the system because of the free repairs but I'm getting bloody fed up with the Everest & Jennings tanks!

JayColorado, how is it driving from your chair? Do you like the evo? I was considering one to go with my e.motions but I'm not too crazy about the front casters.

Motoracer, how does that ergo seating feel? Does it make a big difference? What kind of cushion do you use? Does the chair use standard seat upholstery? I really like the looks of that chair.

loco, I've seen a kuschall airlite pro with e.motions and that folds up pretty compact. A few of the tilites with that open frame design are fairly compact when you pop the wheels off.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYCUE

Motoracer, how does that ergo seating feel? Does it make a big difference? What kind of cushion do you use? Does the chair use standard seat upholstery? I really like the looks of that chair.
    The ergo seating made a big difference my back feels much better and it gives ya very good support. I think the ergo seating is the best way to go. It does use the standard uphostery mines adjustable and i sit on a Roho. I love this chair much more then my quickie gt.
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05