Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brushing up/Total Record/Responses please

Exclamation Brushing up/Total Record/Responses please

Looking for educated insight, perhaps Steven Edwards or Wise. Since they are rarely mentioned, yet from recent inquireys to Sir Eric Ahlfors, are certainly at the top of my todem pole.I like talking about this companys ventures, exceptionally more advancing in this field we are all dependant on. Why does all who post their "leading prospects to a cure," fail to mention Total Record? I want to commence on a few specifics and am looking to aquire feedback. Im just concieving some thoughts since amazingly/how the @$%/Total Record recieved FDA apporoval for approxamitely 30 surgeries/human trials commencing around what? September 06 was it? And especially because they are moving onto testing with the 2nd Generation Matrix, the tissue engineers most recent advancment and well veiled secret for providing nerve regeneration,scar inhibition,neurothropic up-patterning (all the good stuff).Just a few pointers for discussion that I need help with.Im only 25 semi knowledgable about this chaos.C-5/6 Asia A.

-Dr.John McDonald on the Board of Advisors w/ T.R.,why is he off doing his own individual efforts with whatever,and not a collaborator working aside Ahlfors?and so many others working toward the same goal?Ahlfors has been working secretly for a number of years and keeping his work secret and advancing at an alarming rate.

-In this seemingly vast findings/research yet closely targeted field of curing SCI,is it the individual credit one is after,the trophy if you will,I mean,scientist A has found this treatment,Sci. B is ontop of the same finding yet has taken it a step further,it seems so many are on the same track why not collectively collaborate,it is maddening to me.

-There is a member of the FDA also on his Board of Advisors,yet how could they recieve such quick acceptance of go-head for this testing?So many others keep agrivatingly and prudently stating their findings are "years away" God I hate rereading that.If these close coming human trials, obviously lower injuries at first, do what Ahlfors suggest and hit "fast track status for FDA approval,he HAS the Manufacturing Facility,the RMx2 gets mass produced, the treatment procedure adopted and applied,people get better,he gets crowned king of SCI and the $billions$ it costs to upkeep neurodegenerative conditions,not just SCI his treatment has produced results,go's into economy?(politics not my forte')

-Will having a metal fusion stabilizer effect recieving treatment?

Please anyone share ideas, I truely envision this to become reality very soon.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormycoon
    -Dr.John McDonald on the Board of Advisors w/ T.R.,why is he off doing his own individual efforts with whatever,and not a collaborator working aside Ahlfors?and so many others working toward the same goal?Ahlfors has been working secretly for a number of years and keeping his work secret and advancing at an alarming rate.

I find this very interesting.

-Dr.John McDonald on the Board of Advisors w/ T.R.,why is he off doing his own individual efforts with whatever,and not a collaborator working aside Ahlfors?and so many others working toward the same goal?Ahlfors has been working secretly for a number of years and keeping his work secret and advancing at an alarming rate
    I was informed McDonald's name was more for marketing than anything else, perhaps even to increase donations/funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    I was informed McDonald's name was more for marketing than anything else, perhaps even to increase donations/funding.
    by whom?

Keeping his work secret? You hit the nail on the head.

-In this seemingly vast findings/research yet closely targeted field of curing SCI,is it the individual credit one is after,the trophy if you will,I mean,scientist A has found this treatment,Sci. B is ontop of the same finding yet has taken it a step further,it seems so many are on the same track why not collectively collaborate,it is maddening to me.

-There is a member of the FDA also on his Board of Advisors,yet how could they recieve such quick acceptance of go-head for this testing?So many others keep agrivatingly and prudently stating their findings are "years away" God I hate rereading that.If these close coming human trials, obviously lower injuries at first, do what Ahlfors suggest and hit "fast track status for FDA approval,he HAS the Manufacturing Facility,the RMx2 gets mass produced, the treatment procedure adopted and applied,people get better,he gets crowned king of SCI and the $billions$ it costs to upkeep neurodegenerative conditions,not just SCI his treatment has produced results,go's into economy?(politics not my forte')

-Will having a metal fusion stabilizer effect recieving treatment?

Please anyone share ideas, I truely envision this to become reality very soon.
    it is maddening to me too.

The real biotech world has much dirty competition and this happens more than we think, I am totally convinced that if scientist would work together in good faith, egos aside, we would have a cure by now, yes in a way they have the cure hidden away in different labs around the globe, How sad
    Glider

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    YES Schmeky by whom???????

let the information out.
    Glider

I can't remember where I read this, but I will search it out. It's not a secret. McDonald's main contribution is continually pushing his activity based recovery and if I can find what I read, this is his main contribution to Total Record.

I am absolutely certain Total Record made a previous statement that RMx is not in itself a cure, but a component in a combination strategy. Initial testing will be for safety, as with all phase I clinical trials.

Stormy,

I think Total Record could be one of the top groups when it comes to curing SCI. I'll try to remember what all Ahlfors told me and post later.

The thing I remember most is that RMx is mainly a platform technology, where different things/components/combinations can be added as necessary.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

http://www.sci-recovery.org/a3.htm

Press Release from Total ReCord, Inc.

New Therapy for Spinal Cord Injuries

WORCESTER, Mass., Nov. 2, 2005 /PRNewswire/ -- Massachusetts-based company Total ReCord, Inc., an early-stage company founded for the specific purpose of developing and commercializing new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases, plans to begin clinical trials in early 2006 with a new treatment for patients with spinal cord injuries.
    RMx™, Total ReCord's lead product, is a new non-cellular, non-drug based class of biotherapeutics that draws on the body's natural regenerative processes to stimulate the growth of new central nervous system tissue. "RMx is a promising alternative to embryonic stem cells that may have significant potential in the treatment of spinal cord injuries," says Dr. John McDonald, the Executive VP and Director of the International Center for Spinal Cord Injury at the Kennedy Krieger Institute.
    RMx's regenerative matrix is a new method of treatment for spinal cord injuries that has shown promising results in preclinical studies in animal models. Total ReCord has created RMx based on the principle of suppressing certain wound healing processes that interfere with central nervous system (CNS) tissue regeneration, while enhancing the desirable traits of these processes.
    RMx first works to clean out the site of damaged tissue and allow for new cell growth. It then slows the development of scar tissue that can inhibit the regeneration of surviving axons while simultaneously promoting new blood vessel formation. Both of these processes are crucial for the formation of new, healthy CNS tissue. Furthermore, RMx has certain stimulatory effects on the formation and elongation of new neurites. After this new tissue is grown, it can be trained to function in the body to restore movement, even weight- bearing steps in patients with spinal cord injuries.
    In pre-clinical studies, animals that had experienced traumatic damage to their spinal cords and were initially completely paralyzed were soon able to move about after treatment with RMx. In most cases, they were able to make weight-bearing steps. Total ReCord is confident that the human implants that have been successfully used in their animal studies will be effective in treating patients with spinal cord injuries. However, the extent of recovery that can be achieved with RMx in human patients will only become evident after the human clinical studies. RMx has also been found to have no toxic side- effects in animals.
    Founder and CEO Jan-Eric Ahlfors is hopeful that following the first phases of human clinical trials, RMx will be placed on fast-track status for FDA approval and may soon be applied even to conditions that have kept patients permanently wheelchair-bound for decades. Total ReCord's innovations can potentially provide restored movement to victims of paralysis, stroke, and Multiple Sclerosis.

If you are a spinal cord injury survivor or a family member or friend of a SCI survivor and would like to receive a FREE SCI Resource Center information packet or to make a request, please fill out the following form (U.S. only please) or call us at 1-877-640-0400:

From an earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    RMx itself is not the treatment. Rather, it is a vehicle in which future therapies can be delivered. The vehicle likely contains a base set of growth factors that have been shown to allow neurogenesis to occur, but it can easily be modified to treat you based on your type of injury. (e.g., contusion, hemisection, transverse)

There are claims that this technology could potentially restore a person to a 20 (the highest) on the BBB scale within three months. Whether or not these claims have been proven in animals, I am unsure.

This is for acutes and chronics. However, I do not yet know who will be eligible for the first human trials.
    ETA: A good friend recently asked me to do a follow-up interview with Ahlfors. I guess it's time.
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 07-31-2006 at 09:00 PM.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.