Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

Sounds great for those of us who would be greatly helped by remyelination alone. Doesn't mention chronic sci injuries or any time table for possible clinical trials.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Nice.
    While Geron gave up the trial was reborn under Asterias. There have been several treated in the last few months. Let us hope stem cells inc or Asterias has results.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    While Geron gave up the trial was reborn under Asterias. There have been several treated in the last few months. Let us hope stem cells inc or Asterias has results.
    StemCells Inc. is pushing forward and taking patients in their Pathway study. I also have hopes that there are good results in these trials. LINK

Interesting article about clinical trials:

What happens in clinical trials is not that you make up the results, it’s that you plan a trial that will get you the result you want, and so you basically move the goalposts. To be honest to me that's a softer version of corruption and one that is difficult to identify. In some ways it’s worse than the straight fabrication of data in preclinical work because it's insidious and it actually affects people directly.
    — Ivan Oransky - Vice President and Global Editorial Director, MedPage Today; Co-founder, Retraction Watch

https://ti-health.org/research-and-development/
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

If that is the case then it is very sad but then you read many scientist and labs are trying very hard but their numbers are small.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    If that is the case then it is very sad but then you read many scientist and labs are trying very hard but their numbers are small.
    Conspiracy theories are the latest rage and clinical trial suppression is needed. The trials are a "rigged" system!!! Not...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 10-27-2016 at 10:12 PM.

I don't think the system is rigged. I am not knowledgeable about these things. The people that I know and follow Dr. Silver, Dr. Edgerton, Dr. Courtine, they are great people dedicating all their lives to find cure for SCI. I don't think scientists in the lab playing games to get more funding because I think they could make more money working in other industries.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    I don't think the system is rigged. I am not knowledgeable about these things. The people that I know and follow Dr. Silver, Dr. Edgerton, Dr. Courtine, they are great people dedicating all their lives to find cure for SCI. I don't think scientists in the lab playing games to get more funding because I think they could make more money working in other industries.
    I agree with that. Many have been offered very lucrative careers out of the labs and have turned them down.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I agree with that. Many have been offered very lucrative careers out of the labs and have turned them down.
    I read Kate's book and that offered me a lot of information. And she talked about these scientists in length and I learned a lot from that.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Epidural Stimulation

This is a feasibility study to test the use of epidural stimulation to restore volitional function previously lost due to spinal cord injury.
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02592668