Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

7- POLAND : I heard that the trials were stopped because of financing problems. Does anybody have more or different info ?
    Corinne,
    As per an article in Polish paper that I read not too long ago, they will start a first patient in September.

Quote Originally Posted by hp
    Corinne,
    As per an article in Polish paper that I read not too long ago, they will start a first patient in September.
    That's what I heard too. From someone in Poland.

Corinne,

September of 2006 or 2007?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    September of 2006 or 2007?
    September of 2006

September of 2006
    That's what I understood too. Someone from the clinic (I think) posted on a polish SCI site a couple of months ago to say that everything is in place and trials should start in September of this year.

clinical trials 2006 and later - update

dear all,
    Thanks for the complementary info on Poland and on OFS. Here is the updated document.
    We still miss the update on the following trials. Anybody having info on those, please post them here !

4.- SCI China clinical trial network : Dr Young, I hope you can provide an update [current status of recruitment or trials - next steps - contacts...]. Thanks.
    5- OTHER TRIALS in CHINA : Leo, maybe that you know more about the precise current status. Recruitment ongoing I suppose ? more info about contacts and planning ?
    6- NEURAXO : does anybody know more? Should we put Neuraxo in the 'medium/long term' section ?
    10- TULANE -PROCKOP : Current status [recruitment still ongoing ?]- Next steps?
    15- NORTH AMERICAN clinical trials : Do we actually know any dates for human trials ? that's not clear to me.

Thanks and regards. Corinne

10. TULANE-PROCKOP - Dr Prockop wrote that he hopes the trial will begin in October 2006 at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta (at the time of writing, July, they were having meetings with FDA). The Shepherd Center has received a grant, but more funds are being sought, so I suppose this might determine the starting date. Subjects will be acute thoracic contused injuries.

Living in the UK, I know nothing about these trials. Can someone explain what they are, what is going on, if they are using human subjects, and what they expect to find at the end.

Schmeky,

Would you please direct me to where I might find more info on the clinIcal trial done by Borgens, USA, electromagnetic fields/inosine? Thanks for keeping up on so many areas of research; sure saves guys like me a lot of time. Take care.

- KS

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    There are some clinical trials starting and there are some that have already started. Please help me update this list. These are the ones that are supposed to start-up in 2007. Those groups already in the treatment phase are not included (Lima, Novosibirsk, Huang [fetal olfactory cells], Cells4Health, etc.) since these are not clinical trials, but active treatments.

1) Kierstad, USA, hESC, acute only
    2) Huang Hongyun, China, combination therapy, chronics
    3) Wise Young, China, combination therapy, acutes and chronics
    4) Darwin Prockop, USA, adult stem cells, acute only
    5) Borgens, USA, electromagnetic fields/inosine
    6) Raisman, UK, OEC

Please help me update this list. Groups such as Neuraxo-Biotec (cordaneurin [acutes] and chordachron [chronics]), Novartis (Nogo), Aventis (HP184) and others need to be listed but I know little about the current status of these trials.

Quote Originally Posted by kritter74
    Schmeky,

Would you please direct me to where I might find more info on the clinIcal trial done by Borgens, USA, electromagnetic fields/inosine? Thanks for keeping up on so many areas of research; sure saves guys like me a lot of time. Take care.

- KS
    KS, please allow me to reply. I regularly update an overview of clinical trial, with help of many carecure members information. The links to the latest info we have on the Borgens trial are in it [see chapter 7 of the attached doc]. If you find more interesting info, please let us know and we will add up.
    Hoping it helps.
    Corinne