Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Rivers,

We are pushing hard to get the phase 2 trials finished in Hong Kong and China because the applications for trials in the U.S. depends on the data that we get from the trials in Hong Kong and China.

In terms of trials in the U.S., we are still aiming for starting a phase 2 trial in Brackenridge in early 2012, a phase 3 trial in other centers in the U.S. in mid-2012, and a phase 2 trial for kids in late 2012. This is for umbilical cord blood and lithium.

Wise.

Wise.
    Dr. Wise.

Any chance of getting or looking at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in California to help with the trial? They are part of Geron's trial working with Stanford University.

Transplantation of autologous olfactory ensheathing cells in complete human spinal

http://www.aksonaxis.org.pl/pdf/Brain_OEC.pdf

by dr. tabakow in wroclaw, poland

Bien.

Am I misunderstanding something or why is anyone fooling around with ensheathing glia anymore? Didn't Dr Huang do a bunch for thousands of cash .. I know he didn't document it as in a clinical trial .. but seemingly no one had any fabulous results from it either.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Am I misunderstanding something or why is anyone fooling around with ensheathing glia anymore? Didn't Dr Huang do a bunch for thousands of cash .. I know he didn't document it as in a clinical trial .. but seemingly no one had any fabulous results from it either.
    this is kind of like a question that I have.... Why are some societies or doctors attempting to replicate what has already been done in other labs and had very limited results?
    Like that trial in new zealand to do exactly what dr. Lima has already done and had very limited results... Why re-invent the "square wheel "?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Ya, the kind of "active Treatments " that don't work?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    As I know this is actually a very well done study. Nothing to do with Lima and Huang
    I believe it opens the way to find out what the real potential of the OECs is.

I am not a fan of the OECs BTW (for what it worth my opinion), but the problem with the studies done by Lima etc., in my modest opinion, is the very questionable metodolgy.

According to the PDF one patien out of three went from asia A to C. One went from A to B.
    All had some mesurable improvements.

The three control patients that recived just the PT didn't report any improvement as I read.

If we can finally establish what is the real potential of the OECs, it would be a real progress in my opinion.

Prof. Raisman said few months ago that since the OECs are very difficult to grow in sufficient quantity for filling the enjury site it could be cosidered to combine OECs with a scaffold.

I hope that, if this strategy has a real potential, it will be tested on humans without unnecessary delay due to regualtory issues or funding problems.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by rexio View Post
    http://www.aksonaxis.org.pl/pdf/Brain_OEC.pdf

by dr. tabakow in wroclaw, poland
    Thank you for posting that.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Thank you, Paolo. Excellent explanation.

Congratulation dr. Tabakov

What next?

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    this is kind of like a question that I have.... Why are some societies or doctors attempting to replicate what has already been done in other labs and had very limited results?
    Like that trial in new zealand to do exactly what dr. Lima has already done and had very limited results... Why re-invent the "square wheel "?
    I have been told they are doing OEG just to satisfy safety regulations. Then they are moving on to bone marrow stem cells plus combination with decerin or something.