Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 623

Thread: Clinical Trials

  1. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by jhorn4012 View Post
    Christopher Reeves site shows article of a chronic in a clinical trial in 2009 for electrical spinal cord stimulation and locomotor training. Person was injured in 2006 c7 t1 and is now able to move toes, feet, ankles and legs on command. Is able to stand supported. Panamain jockey goes to Switzerland for stem cell clinical trial. Jockey injured in 2010 in
    horserace in U.S. was denied acceptance in Geron trials?
    The Jockey did not meet the inclusion criteria.

  2. #472

    Smile Jockey not included in trials after 6th day injury Sept. 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    The Jockey did not meet the inclusion criteria.
    Creditable websites said the hospital and the family both asked to have their son included
    in Geron embryonic stem cell trial within 14 days of his injury on track. One paper hinted jockey may bave had a TBI.
    Aggie Mom 2007

  3. #473
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,286
    why does your post have a smiley face of this news...? Sorry, please explain
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  4. #474

    We Win!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    why does your post have a smiley face of this news...? Sorry, please explain
    This is the headline from stemcellsandatombombs blogsite
    and his blog will give you more info why I used smiley face on my
    thread. Let me know if you have problem finding his blogsite.
    Aggie Mom 2007

  5. #475

    Thumbs up Use Me Use Me

    I want to be a Guinea Pig I got nothing to lose
    GL

  6. #476

    Question Clinical Trial Recruiting for Chronics

    I found this from u2fp.org site and the following url: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...1231893&rank=1

    My question is will this be something that will exclude chronics that have metal discs replacing SCI?
    Aggie Mom 2007

  7. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by jhorn4012 View Post
    Creditable websites said the hospital and the family both asked to have their son included
    in Geron embryonic stem cell trial within 14 days of his injury on track. One paper hinted jockey may bave had a TBI.
    TBI would have excluded him as would several other criteria. The 14 day window is not the sole criteria such as the size of the lesion. I lean toward TBI because the screening for the lesion and other issues doesn't occur until the patient is at the hospital where the procedure will take place.

  8. #478

    Jockey injured at track

    Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    TBI would have excluded him as would several other criteria. The 14 day window is not the sole criteria such as the size of the lesion. I lean toward TBI because the screening for the lesion and other issues doesn't occur until the patient is at the hospital where the procedure will take place.
    I received email from stemcellsatombomb (Dennis) and he has all of his immigration paperwork completed and is on his way to Switzerland for clinical trial and the family will be giving updates of his condition after he receives whatever he will be getting in clinical trial. I guess the family doesn't realize being in a clinical trial may mean no info given to public source. But that didn't stop the student in Georgia from releasing to the local news he was the first person to receive embryonic stem cell.
    Aggie Mom 2007

  9. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    I want to be a Guinea Pig I got nothing to lose
    GL
    Me too, Judy!!

  10. #480

    Smile Clinical trial for chronics

    Quote Originally Posted by Patty41 View Post
    Me too, Judy!!
    My daughter said the same thing too!!!!!
    Aggie Mom 2007

Similar Threads

  1. Secret Stem Cell Trial held in City
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 02:42 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2002, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •