Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

Urgent-new sci searching clinical trials

Hi-Not sure if this should be in New SCI forum or here...sorry if Ive chosen wrong.
    I just got a phone call last night from my cousin whose friend was injured yesterday @ C-6 level when jumping on a trampoline. I'm trying to help find out if there are human trials happening that he, as a very early acute, might be able to take advantage of. He is hospitalized @ Dartmouth Hitchcock in Hanover, NH currently. How about the Cethrin (?) trials in Canada? Any suggestions MOST appreciated.
    Mimi

Mimi,

I'm not sure about Canada but perhaps you could contact Novartis in Switzerland / University of Zurich as they are currently trialling acutes. Not sure of the criteria or if they have their quota but worth a try. GOOD LUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by mimij5
    Hi-Not sure if this should be in New SCI forum or here...sorry if Ive chosen wrong.
    I just got a phone call last night from my cousin whose friend was injured yesterday @ C-6 level when jumping on a trampoline. I'm trying to help find out if there are human trials happening that he, as a very early acute, might be able to take advantage of. He is hospitalized @ Dartmouth Hitchcock in Hanover, NH currently. How about the Cethrin (?) trials in Canada? Any suggestions MOST appreciated.
    Mimi
    Mimi,
    Just read this post ( http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=62124 ) and checking out Cyberkinetics' website, I've found that they are currently involved in Clinic Trials. Trials are only taking place at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, IN.

I grew up in Hanover NH, Dartmouth Hitchcock is a great medical facility. I've been to hospitals all over this country and other countries and very few hold up to the quality of care your cousin's friend will receive there. I don't know anything about thier SCI department, so you're doing the right thing by hunting down the next steps!

Best of luck,
    Christopher

PS - Implantation of the OFS Device must take place within 18 Days! Cyberkinetics' trial and product website:

http://www.andaratrials.com/

http://www.cyberkineticsinc.com/cont.../andaraofs.jsp
    Last edited by cljanney; 08-09-2006 at 03:01 AM.

Clinical Trials 2006 - 2007 - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    There are some clinical trials starting and there are some that have already started. Please help me update this list. These are the ones that are supposed to start-up in 2007. Those groups already in the treatment phase are not included (Lima, Novosibirsk, Huang [fetal olfactory cells], Cells4Health, etc.) since these are not clinical trials, but active treatments.

1) Kierstad, USA, hESC, acute only
    2) Huang Hongyun, China, combination therapy, chronics
    3) Wise Young, China, combination therapy, acutes and chronics
    4) Darwin Prockop, USA, adult stem cells, acute only
    5) Borgens, USA, electromagnetic fields/inosine
    6) Raisman, UK, OEC

Please help me update this list. Groups such as Neuraxo-Biotec (cordaneurin [acutes] and chordachron [chronics]), Novartis (Nogo), Aventis (HP184) and others need to be listed but I know little about the current status of these trials.
    Schmecky and all,
    Here is the update of the overview of clinical trials I started a few months ago [see document attached]. I still miss some info for some of them, but that's a continuous process. The first part of the document includes 10 trials which seem to be moreless confirmed. Second part is longer term or not yet confirmed. Any additional info is appreciated so that we can make this document more informative and accurate. Especially info highlighted in Red should be updated further. Kindly post your complementory info or request for correction under this thread. Thank you !
    Corinne

Lets hope they all have a great success in the trials!! And give us all more hope that we wont be in these chariots for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Corinne Jeanmaire
    Schmecky and all,
    Here is the update of the overview of clinical trials I started a few months ago [see document attached].

Is it possible to place this document up as a sticky so it can be viewed and updated easily.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not." ~ Dr. Suess

btw. Thank you Corinne Jeanmarie for putting this information together for all of us. Sometimes when you are in the muck of dealing with day to day spinal cord injury things, taking a break and looking at something as hopeful as this is really helpful.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not." ~ Dr. Suess