Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

wise, can you call September 09 a "firm" date? So many speculated dates just come and go...
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

What about this one?

RNL Bio, cleared to initiate world’s first adult stem cell human trial for spinal cord injury

Korean-FDA approved RNL’s Astrostem based on patient’s own fat derived stem cells to treat spinal cord injury. Phase I human trial will be done by intravenous infusion of stem cells at Sam Hospital in Anyang, South Korea

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRLog (Press Release)Apr 30, 2009 – RNL Bio, global leader in adult stem cell therapeutics, announced on April 30th that the Korean FDA approved its human clinical study to treat patients with spinal cord injury using ‘RNL-Astrostem’ that is based on fat derived adult stem cells.
    RNL Bio presented its three years’ preclinical trial results showing perfect safety profile and remarkable efficacy potential. RNL was approved to begin phase I human trial using these adult stem cells and it is the world first trial to treat spinal cord injury with adult stem cells derived patients’ own fat tissue.
    RNL-Astrostem is administered by intravenous infusion so patients don’t have to worry about any invasive and painful surgical procedure. Dr. Jeong Chan Ra, CEO of the firm, said “Our stem cell therapeutics involves no immune rejection because the stem cells are exactly patients own. Our adult stem cell has no tumorigenicity activity at all while embryonic stem cell faces high risk of it. We have developed safest therapeutics to help devastated patients with incurable diseases."
    RNL Bio already launched commercial stem cell therapy for pets like dogs and cats with spinal cord injury since 2008
    # # #
    RNL is a premier biotech company in Korea focused on stem cell therapeutics. Headquartered in Seoul with a recently opened state-of-the-art GMP facility, RNL is a publicly traded company on the Korean Stock Exchange (Code 003190)

Quote Originally Posted by chesmo View Post
    What about this one?

RNL Bio, cleared to initiate world’s first adult stem cell human trial for spinal cord injury

Korean-FDA approved RNL’s Astrostem based on patient’s own fat derived stem cells to treat spinal cord injury. Phase I human trial will be done by intravenous infusion of stem cells at Sam Hospital in Anyang, South Korea

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRLog (Press Release)Apr 30, 2009 – RNL Bio, global leader in adult stem cell therapeutics, announced on April 30th that the Korean FDA approved its human clinical study to treat patients with spinal cord injury using ‘RNL-Astrostem’ that is based on fat derived adult stem cells.
    RNL Bio presented its three years’ preclinical trial results showing perfect safety profile and remarkable efficacy potential. RNL was approved to begin phase I human trial using these adult stem cells and it is the world first trial to treat spinal cord injury with adult stem cells derived patients’ own fat tissue.
    RNL-Astrostem is administered by intravenous infusion so patients don’t have to worry about any invasive and painful surgical procedure. Dr. Jeong Chan Ra, CEO of the firm, said “Our stem cell therapeutics involves no immune rejection because the stem cells are exactly patients own. Our adult stem cell has no tumorigenicity activity at all while embryonic stem cell faces high risk of it. We have developed safest therapeutics to help devastated patients with incurable diseases."
    RNL Bio already launched commercial stem cell therapy for pets like dogs and cats with spinal cord injury since 2008
    # # #
    RNL is a premier biotech company in Korea focused on stem cell therapeutics. Headquartered in Seoul with a recently opened state-of-the-art GMP facility, RNL is a publicly traded company on the Korean Stock Exchange (Code 003190)
    Looks.... well... do I dare say... good!?

Not being a pessimist here, but more of a realist. There have been many claims of promising new therapies, especially over these past 5 or so years. But so far none have backed the hype they start with. But things are learned from new therapies, which in turn may help progress other therapies. Unfortunately the best approach for us with SCI’s may be to wait, and watch for more proven well documented therapies. At least it seems that more and more SCI research is being tested and applied over the past 5 years then the 20 years preceding it. Someone may find an answer yet!

I haven't heard anything about the results from the stem cell therapy for dogs and cats with spinal cord injury launched in 2008. Anyone else? Wise what do you think.

Dr. Wise,
    My take is that it is not that simple, as one tends to agree upon, like in an environmental wanting environment. I also from my investigations and from what I’ve heard the cord is a bit more complicated than a few up-down axons. Thus my criticisms is not directed at you, or any, but at some that believes that fixing a chronic cord will be easy and relay on injections. You and all have to understand I have super problems by gaining knowledge over the years on such an approach, too ever happen for the chronic cord. Sure I believe in a cure. No problem, but like explained; we know a lot of the human spinal cord, but what we don’t know is much more. Trial and error might aid, nickels and dimes too, but as for that, what is the difference; poor sci’ed donating money needed to something instead of paying for trials when show up (aside of all this I would have used my money on education, work related I mean). My take on all this dilemma is, researchers don’t do research enough (in general); doc’s fly around and sci’ed don’t care. Whilst, like I have repeatedly argued for there is a solution for all this. But all give a damn and don’t listen. The cure is not a solo race, the cure is going after the money which is there ready for research and usage, but all act like not. I give up.

And time after time this stupid idea occurs that poor spinal cord injured should donate money. This is so wrong and ethically wrong I sometimes want to puke. SCI’ed should not donate. SCI’ed, which by lack of means, should not be trapped into this lost jumbo. Just look at Jim, the founder of a cause of all of this on a Facebook group. Nada money, but an Italian has done better. I personally demand that Jim fraud donate some hard cash. By watching some things here like such things like that, -I give up.

Here is some info on dogs, cats and horses getting stem cells

http://singularityhub.com/2009/06/25...ment-than-you/

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    And time after time this stupid idea occurs that poor spinal cord injured should donate money. This is so wrong and ethically wrong I sometimes want to puke. SCI’ed should not donate. SCI’ed, which by lack of means, should not be trapped into this lost jumbo. Just look at Jim, the founder of a cause of all of this on a Facebook group. Nada money, but an Italian has done better. I personally demand that Jim fraud donate some hard cash. By watching some things here like such things like that, -I give up.
    Leif, you just have to do what you belive is the best thing to do.... then time will tell.... you do what you think is right just like other people do...
    But you have to admit that things are progressing toward a cure... and someone is going to get it!

Don't be so negative and nervous, it doesn't help, you know.

I can say that I really don't know how the facebook groups works when is about raising money, but i can guess. IMO facebook is not enough but Jim is doing a right thing. If we don't care about our cure, why other should pay for our future? We don't have the cure yet. We have to speed up research field. If you don't do research, then put some money there to speed up the process.

I'm a quad and I know that para's can't understand me. More than that, I know that a a lot of able ppl think that when is about paralysis, the walk is the only problem. We all know that is some of the last of our problems. How can we ask to other ppl to care about us, if we don't do something for us? How can we ask researchers to invest their life time to cure us. How can we choose to wait? Is that right? We cannot afford to wait. We have to do something.

If we talk only about this forum, Dr Wise is doing a enormous job for us. How can we thank him? He is going even our neurologists job, and we don't pay him at all. He is a neurologist for world wide ppl with SCI. Imagine your life without informations shared and explained by dr Wise. Have you subscribe(payed subscription) to a medical journal?

I'm not sure, but i think Paulo has donated twice(here I'm talking about the 365$). On facebook he did a good job too invinting others to donate. We have to notice that he is from Europe, but a cure will be for everybody. I don't care about the costs. This cure has to come as soon is possible. Everyone of us has to do something about it. 365$ is not that much especially on western cultures. Ofcorse, others are doing different stuff. I know that Leif is involved in some SCI related action in his country. That's a great thing too.
    This signature left intentionally blank.