Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

Leif,

Take a break from this site; don't become disillusioned like me, I seldom post.

I really miss your posts; however, I do understand your feelings. After 21 years I have grown tired of the hope rollercoaster but life is not worth much to me without hope.......

One can easily get discouraged. After my injury in 1973 (C4 AIS -D and walking although age, back surgery and rotator surgery have me on a scooter more often in the last 6 years) they transected a cats spinal cord and dripped a substance on it. The cat stood and took several steps and the "cure" was here. I feel the science is getting close but do not believe it will succeed with just stem cells. There will need to be other (Nogo, anti Lingo, etc) used in "combination" as well as intense therapy following. The "single" therapies will "fail" in that they won't solve regeneration by themselves. They will however succeed in proving safety and effectiveness in what they are designed to do and open the door to "combination" trials. One needs to also understand that "soon" in pharma land is 5 to 10 years due to the FDA and the complications that "trials" entail. The money flow is getting better albeit too slow and too little for all of us. When you give up hope you take your voice away from the cause and leave us weaker. Keep pitching your elected officials and never give up the hope. Hope keeps you vibrant and alive spiritually.

what is this miracle cat you speak of, kind sir?
    It's obviously not a miracle cure, but, more info?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    what is this miracle cat you speak of, kind sir?
    It's obviously not a miracle cure, but, more info?
    It was in the early 70s and the effort failed.

indian trial

Hallo Dr. Young
    Would you please tell us more about this trial?
    Thank you.
    http://www.business-standard.com/ind...-india/366194/

"the effort failed ".... Lame

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

???????????

what do u mean ?????????

the effort that c473s was talking about, he said it failed, so I said That's lame that it failed