Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

Quote Originally Posted by tdelrieu View Post
    Hello everybody,

Currently, I do not get any news about the RESCUE project. This research project implied the use of several types of stem cells. But as this field of research moves very quickly, in particular with the iPS cells, maybe this project is already outdated technically ?

Sorry, no more infos…

Thierry Delrieu
    http://alarme.asso.fr
    http://alarme.asso.fr/forum
    Merci beaucoup Monsieur Delrieu

We appreciate you explanation. Please informe us when you find samething new
    I belive in French science. I remember Louis Pasteur, Marie Sklodowska-Curie and others.

Quote Originally Posted by pulaski View Post
    I belive in French science. I remember Louis Pasteur, Marie Sklodowska-Curie and others.
    Thank you !

As a newbie, and not a patient of spinal cord damage, I pledge to this forum to listen and try to be sensitive to that which is being said. I may occasionally say something that unintentionally offends someone. If so, I apologize now, for starters.

I follow Geron's work closely and am a minor shareholder. I listen amazed when folks such as Drs. Young, Kierstead and others knowledgable in the science speak.

I am only close to one friend in a wheelchair as a result of MS. He's had autogolous SC transplant w/o much help. Perhaps, according to recent research, too late in his treatment.

Anyway, I am respectfully curious, not a scientist, and am hopeful to see far fewer participant in this forum after hESC research moves forward.

Quote Originally Posted by hertle View Post
    As a newbie, and not a patient of spinal cord damage, I pledge to this forum to listen and try to be sensitive to that which is being said. I may occasionally say something that unintentionally offends someone. If so, I apologize now, for starters.

I follow Geron's work closely and am a minor shareholder. I listen amazed when folks such as Drs. Young, Kierstead and others knowledgable in the science speak.

I am only close to one friend in a wheelchair as a result of MS. He's had autogolous SC transplant w/o much help. Perhaps, according to recent research, too late in his treatment.

Anyway, I am respectfully curious, not a scientist, and am hopeful to see far fewer participant in this forum after hESC research moves forward.
    Clinical Trial of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Based Therapy

§ Human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) are nature’s master stem cells: They are a self-renewing source for the scalable manufacturing of functional replacement cells for every tissue and organ in the body.
    § Geron’s hESCs were derived by collaborators from donated in vitro fertilized, very early-stage embryos (blastocytes) that would otherwise have been destroyed.
    § These hESC lines are listed on the National Institutes of Health stem cell registry (see http://stemcells.nih.gov/research/registry/) This clinical trial will use cells derived from an existing, registered stem cell line.
    § Geron’s first product manufactured from hESCs to enter clinical testing is GRNOPC1. GRNOPC1 is a population of living cells containing precursors to oligodendrocytes, otherwise known as oligodendrocyte progenitor cells (OPC).
    § The hESC line that is used to produce GRNOPC1 is the H1 line, which was derived before Aug. 9, 2001. Studies using this line qualify for U.S. federal research funding, although no federal funding was received for the development of the product or to support the clinical trial.
    § In preclinical studies, GRNOPC1, when injected into the injury site of spinal cord-injured animals, migrate throughout the lesion site and mature into functional oligodendrocytes that remyelinate axons and produce neurotrophic factors (Stem Cells and Development, Vol. 15, 2006), resulting in improved locomotion in the treated animals.
    § The ultimate goal for the use of GRNOPC1 in humans is to achieve spinal cord repair by injecting oligodendrocyte progenitor cells directly into the spinal cord lesion.

Recruiting for Geron trial begins within 7 days. T4 - T11 injury level.

I’m renting a motorcykle.

Quote Originally Posted by pulaski View Post
    I think that you are wrong.
    « le: 10 Février 2006 * 14:36:22 »
    RESCUE : Un projet européen de recherche coordonné, en France, par une équipe de l'Inserm de Montpellier

Emetteur : INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale

Le programme de recherche européen RESCUE ("Research Endeavor for Spinal Cord in United Europe") lancé ce lundi 6 février 2006 et coordonné par Alain Privat, directeur de recherche dans l'Unité Inserm 583 « Institut des neurosciences de Montpellier» a pour ambition de proposer d'ici 2008 des pistes thérapeutiques pour réparer les traumatismes de la moelle épinière responsables des cas de para- et tétraplégies.

Ce projet regroupe 10 partenaires, dont la start-up montpelliéraine NEUREVA et 6 pays européens (Allemagne, Angleterre, Belgique, Espagne, France, République tchèque). Il est financé dans le cadre du 6ème PCRDT * hauteur de 2,7 Meuros.

Les soixante chercheurs réunis autour de ce projet espèrent « gagner la bataille » de la restauration de la marche chez les nombreux accidentés (300 000 para- et tétraplégiques en Europe). L'objectif essentiel de cette recherche est de proposer, en 2008, une stratégie thérapeutique qui se concrétisera par 1 ou 2 essais cliniques * l'échelle européenne. Il s'agit en effet, de « sauver » les personnes ayant subi un traumatisme de la moelle épinière, traumatisés de la route, notamment. Aujourd'hui en France, les 40 000 para- et tétraplégiques, dont l'âge moyen est de 28 ans au moment de l'accident, seraient les principaux bénéficiaires de cette recherche.

Le programme RESCUE se fixe trois domaines d'actions principaux :

· la recherche fondamentale : isolation, caractérisation, différentiation et modification génétique des cellules souches humaines adultes ou foetales de différentes provenances (mésenchymateuses, neurales, sanguines....)
    · les essais pré-cliniques chez l'animal : greffes chez le modèle rat (stade préclinique)
    · le suivi de la transplantation, les études de fonctionnement chez les animaux greffés et le suivi des cellules par des techniques d'imagerie haute résolution.

google translate.

RESCUE: A European research project coordinated in France
    «On: 10 February 2006 at 14:36:22"
    RESCUE: A European research project coordinated in France by a team of Inserm
    Montpellier

Issuer: INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale

The European research program RESCUE (Research Endeavor for Spinal Cord in United Europe ")
    launched on Monday 6 February 2006 and coordinated by Alain Privat, director of research in the Unit
    Inserm 583 "Institut des Neurosciences de Montpellier" aims to offer by 2008
    of therapeutic approaches to repair spinal cord injuries responsible for
    case of para-and quadriplegia.

This project involves 10 partners, including the start-up montpelliéraine NEUREVA and 6 European countries
    (Germany, England, Belgium, Spain, France, Czech Republic). It is funded through
    framework of the 6th Framework Program of up to 2.7 million. euros

Sixty researchers gathered in this project hope to "win the battle" of the
    restoration of works for the many accidents (para 300 and 000 in quadriplegics
    Europe). The main objective of this research is to propose in 2008 a strategy
    therapeutic which will be implemented by 1 or 2 clinical trials on a European scale. It is
    indeed "save" people who have suffered trauma to the spinal cord,
    trauma of the road, among others. Today in France, 40 and 000 para-tetraplegia,
    whose average age is 28 years old at the time of the accident, would benefit from
    this research.

RESCUE The program has three main areas of action:

Basic research: isolation, characterization, differentiation and modification
    Genetics of human adult stem cells or fetal origins of different
    (mesenchymal, neural, blood ....)
    The pre-clinical animal transplants in the rat model (preclinical)
    Monitoring of transplantation studies in animals functioning graft and
    monitoring of cells by techniques of high resolution imaging.

source;
    http://alarme.asso.fr/forum/essais-p...nne-en-france/
    Hows status for '09

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    This is a fact, if so, super great! How you know?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=Geron

Smile Geron's Clinical Trials Jan. 2009 Federally approved embryonic trials

c473s:
    Have you heard any info on the trials of the 8 people in Calif. that were complete injuries and various levels were supposedly the first to have a comb. of embryonic and other stem cell used in the clinical trial? I have been going through all the papers scientific and non-scientific, but come up with nothing has been published. Any info on links would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aggie Mom 2007