Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

Lithium and SCI

Dr. Young, you probably have already seen this but in case you haven't it's an interesting paper on why/how lithium could be beneficial for SCI.

Treatments with GSK-3 inhibitors including a clinical dose of lithium to rats with thoracic spinal cord transection or contusion injuries induce significant descending corticospinal and serotonergic axon sprouting in caudal spinal cord and promote locomotor functional recovery.
    http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content...act/28/36/8914

just need to try stuff on humans now,, =)

Quote Originally Posted by lee.thompson84 View Post
    just need to try stuff on humans now,, =)
    The ChinaSCINet trials led by Dr. Young are investigating the safety and theraputic benefits of lithium on humans. Search the forum for ChinaSCINet and lithium.

Quote Originally Posted by litespeed4 View Post
    The ChinaSCINet trials led by Dr. Young are investigating the safety and theraputic benefits of lithium on humans. Search the forum for ChinaSCINet and lithium.
    and when do you think thay will try than on human's

Quick question, Hans Keirstead from UCI is gonna be doin human ES for spinal cord?

how is he circumventing immune rejection? My knowledge was the Geron already spent extensive resources and the FDA said "no", how is little UCI gonna do what Geron could not? just a quesiton, hope im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Christineball33 View Post
    Quick question, Hans Keirstead from UCI is gonna be doin human ES for spinal cord?

how is he circumventing immune rejection? My knowledge was the Geron already spent extensive resources and the FDA said "no", how is little UCI gonna do what Geron could not? just a quesiton, hope im wrong
    hi christine,

it is confusing. han's said his treatment will require immune rejection treatment but Geron says theirs won't. i think latest news is fda will give geron a go.

i believe i read this on cc
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Talking if only I had the money

aloha my name is Christopher Aukai Peter, I've been told stem cell will work and that I have been 95% chance that I would walk again just don't have the money just want to know how many of them or I should say us would walk if we had the therapy? I'd much rather be outside making money supporting my community, than stuck in bed... cool

?

whoever told you this should be shot on the street like a horse!

Quote Originally Posted by cdurfee99 View Post
    whoever told you this should be shot on the street like a horse!
    Despite my disagreement with much of what you have said to date, I do agree with you that people who give these nonsense predictions of 97% chance of walking again are not to be trusted and should be ignored. Whether they should be shot like a horse depends on whether or not you believe horses should be shot on the street.

There is no treatment for chronic spinal cord injury for which efficacy data is available and certainly none that has been shown to be effective for 97% of the people or animals.

Wise.

How

How is that possible a man said this and all of you accept no way me not agree with you.