Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

great news, clinical trials in europe!

Quote Originally Posted by gretchen
    OK,Schmecky, we get it... you have expressed your views NUMEROUS times : repetitive, boring,and in fact really immaterial! You have accepted your sad lot, good for you: I really could not care less!!

I visit the site to get updates on ongoing research and/or clinical trials. I am interested in facts and I really really do not care to read about anyone's subjective opinion

I really, Really, REALLY Care that He Dosn't Care when Others Don't Care, Whom could Careless.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla
    EPO VS Methylprednisolone

Clinical trial to investigate the efficacy of EPO to treat traumatic SCI will start mid october in Italy. The projet is a multicenter faze 3 study,12 Spinal Unit will participate to the trial. 100 patient will be enrolled in 21 months. 50 of them will receive methilprednisolone and 50 will receive EPO.
    Patient mast be between 18 and 65 years old, level between C5 and T12, asia A or B. Administration of EPO or MP mast be done within 8 hrs of lesion.

The study will be coordinated from the spinal unit of the “Niguarda” Hospital in Milan, Italy.

Given the situation here in Italy I consider this a Super news!

I also know that a faze 1 clinical trial for CRONICS should start in a few months involving transplantation of fetal neural stem cell. As I know more I will post.

Paolo
    Great, we need trials in europe
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Anybody knows about OPC stem cell trial ??

Hi all,
    i read about a clinical trial starting at the end of 2007 using OPC stem cell but i cannot remember where and when and i cannot find the news again...
    Does anybody know anything about that?
    Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Davide

Why don't these trauma surgeons or neurosurgeons know about this? My husband is a new injury. They only gave him the steroid treatment and 1 month later home we went.
    Nurse Jenny

Newest Trials

Just reading the past messages and was wondering if anyone was aware of/ could add to a more current list of upcoming trials? As of the current, I am specifically watching:
    1. Kierstead
    2. Davies/ Decorin & GDA BMP
    3. Cyberkinetics
    4. Neuralstem

To state the obvious, such list is short, but contains what I believe appear to be the most promising/ least detrimental treatments. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jenny973
    Why don't these trauma surgeons or neurosurgeons know about this? My husband is a new injury. They only gave him the steroid treatment and 1 month later home we went.
    The steroid treatment you're referring to is the only FDA approved treatment for acute SCI. The other treatments mentioned are still in the clinical trials phase.

Mkusiak, there are also the ChinaSCINet trials.

any updates on anything working?
    rob

I'm very curious also. Any news on ANY trials showing function improvement?

mark

mkusiak,

To my knowledge, none of the organizations that you name has an approved clinical trial that. Keistead, for example, is working with Geron and that company is still awaiting U.S. FDA approval of the trial. I don't think that Davies is close to a clinical trial for Decorin or GDA BMP; all the work is still preclinical and has some distance to go before clinical trials can start. Cyberkinetics has actually obtained compassionate use approval of the stimulation device but I have not heard that they are actually starting a clinical trial. Likewise, I have not heard that Neuralstem are planning a clinical trial for spinal cord injury.

The treatments that I know are in or close to clinical trial are:
    • Lithium and cord blood mononuclear cell transplants (ChinaSCINet)
    • Cethrin Phase 2 (Alceres)
    • Bone marrow stem cells (Alok Sharma in Mumbai)

I will add to this list later.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by mkusiak
    Just reading the past messages and was wondering if anyone was aware of/ could add to a more current list of upcoming trials? As of the current, I am specifically watching:
    1. Kierstead
    2. Davies/ Decorin & GDA BMP
    3. Cyberkinetics
    4. Neuralstem

To state the obvious, such list is short, but contains what I believe appear to be the most promising/ least detrimental treatments. Anyone have any other suggestions?