Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinical Trials

Clinical Trials

Hello all, I really don't understand the details of all this, so please excuse the mistake if this is common knowledge already. But ICORD, which is associated with UBC Research (Vancouver, Canada) has a notice for human clinical trials and some information. Here is the link if you're interested:
    http://www.icord.org/iccp.html

Cheers

it means we're getting closer to trials than we ever have. iirc, the MP is in translational mode now, preparing standards, etc for trials, and trials have become an increasingly popular word in the biz now.

but they are just that. so don't expect miracles on a 1st round of trials, although I'd guess they might yield some astonishing results given the amount of pre trial prep that's been going on/part of the process...

it'll take time (years) to confirm results, tune dosages/techniques before any mainstream "cure" hits the streets w/ins. co's willing to ante up.

you kids might have a pretty good shot at some kind of improvements, but I think us oldsters are condemmed to die as is. oh well. it is what it is...

rob

rvr,

Yes, the clinical trial process is long and tenous, but thankfully things are beginning.
    Last edited by Schmeky; 10-02-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    rvr,

Yes, the clinical trial process is long and tenous, and things are just beginning. I have said before I would be OK with my SCI if I knew my children and their children could see relief from this condition in my lifetime.

I have managed to give up the hope of recovery at my age and I have finally learned to cope with life as a paraplegic as best I can. I just hope my generation will be the last to have to live like this.
    your kids and grand kids are a multigenerational SCI family? wtf do you guys do for fun? jump out of 3rd story windows at 3mos old?
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by rvr
    your kids and grand kids are a multigenerational SCI family? wtf do you guys do for fun? jump out of 3rd story windows at 3mos old?
    OK,Schmecky, we get it... you have expressed your views NUMEROUS times : repetitive, boring,and in fact really immaterial! You have accepted your sad lot, good for you: I really could not care less!!

I visit the site to get updates on ongoing research and/or clinical trials. I am interested in facts and I really really do not care to read about anyone's subjective opinion, particularly when it is negative. Nothing good has ever been achieved by being negative! Let us stick to the facts, good or bad.

Thank you Dr. Young and all those who are actually doing something to bring about a cure.
    gretchen 1

Quote Originally Posted by rvr
    OK,Schmecky, we get it... you have expressed your views NUMEROUS times : repetitive, boring,and in fact really immaterial! You have accepted your sad lot, good for you: I really could not care less!!

I visit the site to get updates on ongoing research and/or clinical trials. I am interested in facts and I really really do not care to read about anyone's subjective opinion, particularly when it is negative. Nothing good has ever been achieved by being negative! Let us stick to the facts, good or bad.

Thank you Dr. Young and all those who are actually doing something to bring about a cure.
    gretchen 1

EPO VS Methylprednisolone

EPO VS Methylprednisolone

Clinical trial to investigate the efficacy of EPO to treat traumatic SCI will start mid october in Italy. The projet is a multicenter faze 3 study,12 Spinal Unit will participate to the trial. 100 patient will be enrolled in 21 months. 50 of them will receive methilprednisolone and 50 will receive EPO.
    Patient mast be between 18 and 65 years old, level between C5 and T12, asia A or B. Administration of EPO or MP mast be done within 8 hrs of lesion.

The study will be coordinated from the spinal unit of the “Niguarda” Hospital in Milan, Italy.

Given the situation here in Italy I consider this a Super news!

I also know that a faze 1 clinical trial for CRONICS should start in a few months involving transplantation of fetal neural stem cell. As I know more I will post.

Paolo

Great and very interesting Paolo,

Seems like quite a few things are happening on the SCI frontier in Italy. 12 spinal units is also a lot.

There must be a token here somewhat; I just opened up a bottle of Sambuca Dei Cesari before I saw this post of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Great and very interesting Paolo,

Seems like quite a few things are happening on the SCI frontier in Italy. 12 spinal units is also a lot.

There must be a token here somewhat; I just opened up a bottle of Sambuca Dei Cesari before I saw this post of yours
    I hope I'll have the chance to shere a bottle with you in the future!

Yep 12 spinal unit that collaborate is a very positive thing! I hope they will become part of a eurpenan network in the future, I am thinking at the nogo antibody clinical trial here.

Ciao

Paolo

Yes, 12 is a lot, and like you say imagine if having some collaborating over the borders, then one could run several trials at the same time.

The neural cell trial for chronics is special, the first ever in the West I would guess.

Super news like you wrote, thanks for posting. A Sambuca toast for that!