Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filipino Caregivers?

Filipino Caregivers?

Has anyone heard of Filipino women moving here for caregiving work?

What type of visa are they applying for? If they don't have a needed skill (ie, are a trained nurse), it is unlikely they will be able to get a work visa. If they come here on a tourist visa or student visa and work, they can be deported if they are discovered working. Be careful about making any deals like this as you as the employer could also be liable if you participate in immigration fraud, and if they are picked up by the INS, you are suddenly without an attendant.

(KLD)

Blog Entries

Exclamation CAVEAT EMPTOR, my personal experience here;

HERE IS I SAMPLE OF AN ACTUAL SOLICITATION/ RESPONSE TO MY AD. i just can't absorb a $1,500 airfare, plus yet unknown obligations for someone who may be Florence Niightengale, or turn out to be the next Charles Manson. I must believe there are enough potential Flo Nightengales already living within our boarders to chose from. As a full quad, I can't take the chance of another Helter Skelter.
    >>>

Hi,

We are Filipino Couple caregiver looking for a kind and generous sponsor wherein we are also offering our efficient and honest service. We have just arrived Manila last wednesday July 19, from Maryland. We have been helping our friend for almost a month in her ADL with 6patients and she was really so kind and generous to us. We have our own room with complete facilities and salary too and a Day Off a week (usually Friday or Saturday).

We have also worked last year in Scottsdale Arizona and Palmdale California from January to June last year 2005, managing a Homecare with 4-6patients as the Homecare owner is away for vacation in other country. These people trust us since we were referred to them by their closed friends. In God's grace, we were thankful they trust us so well, that is why in return we gave them our honest and best service we can give. We are hardworking, competent and trustworthy couple. If you can allow us then we will give you full care, support and assistance. We just need free room & board, a day off a week (depending on situation) and a fair salary of 1500$ each. You can rely on us in all aspects. You can really rely on us........

Please advise us at the soonest if you are interested with us.

God bless and regards,
    Luz & Johni

Filipino Caregivers

I would echo other people on being concerned about the ability to get a Visa for these people. That being said, I would tell you to check with the INS to determine if you can work something out, if you really want to go this route.

CKF

Thumbs down Response

I know someone who sponsored a woman (I don't remember her country of origin) and it has worked out well for her.

I have had some replies to my myspace ad for me to sponsor someone. I do not feel comfortable lending someone I don't know that kind of money. Besides how do you know what kind of care you will recieve if you can't even meet in person. It's a risky situation.

Lightbulb Caregivers from PH

I do not know 1st hand anyone that is a caregiver from the Philippines. BUT I do know people that live there and could ask them for some help w/this if you'd like? With my job, our Fcty is over there and I've been there several times myself. I have come to know my co-workers over the last 10yrs and I trust them. Now they are not Caregivers, my business is manufacturing/selling semiconductors. BUT maybe they can help find some REAL caregivers looking to come here for work?? I don't know much about how the Visa stuff works. And like others have posted, you won't be able to meet in person prior to hire desicion. I can tell you that AirFare does cost $1500 usd +. I can also tell you there are lots of good people really wanting to make a better life for themselves/families. It's an odd country (for this 100% american) and I was blown away by the culture differences/life styles. I do not think it's a bad idea to check into. I guess trying to find PH's (caregivers) that are already living here in the States "on assignment" would be beneficial to you but how to find them is a good question. Let me know if you want me to ask my coworkers . . k?

filapino caregiver

Quote Originally Posted by kirkwood View Post
    Has anyone heard of Filipino women moving here for caregiving work?
    Any inforamtion helpful, I am looking for one

Blog Entries

DON'T, it's a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by djprieve View Post
    Any inforamtion helpful, I am looking for one
    Depending upon whether you suffred a trumatic injury to earn your wheelchair you may have taken a fall to do so.
    Don't fall again, only this time for a scam.
    I speak from experience, in fact way too much experience with these people.

hi kirkwood,
    first of all to you get any funding to hire a a caregiver, or would u pay them out of your pocket? To hire a foreign caregiver you need a few things...your place needs to have a separate bedroom dedicated to herself, specify if it it as full time job or part time, depending where u live have to guarantee a monthly salary/wage and a couple more little thing which i can't remember off the top of my head. i have hired 2 girls from the philippines and they have been awesome, especially the second one (currently still working for me). i hired my second one through www.caregiverlistings.com. you ar able to read up on their resumes and profile directly on that site and the can ask to call or chat with any caregiver u find good for you. i hope i helped u out.

Blog Entries

This website caters just to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by powerwheels View Post
    hi kirkwood,
    first of all to you get any funding to hire a a caregiver, or would u pay them out of your pocket? To hire a foreign caregiver you need a few things...your place needs to have a separate bedroom dedicated to herself, specify if it it as full time job or part time, depending where u live have to guarantee a monthly salary/wage and a couple more little thing which i can't remember off the top of my head. i have hired 2 girls from the philippines and they have been awesome, especially the second one (currently still working for me). i hired my second one through www.caregiverlistings.com. you ar able to read up on their resumes and profile directly on that site and the can ask to call or chat with any caregiver u find good for you. i hope i helped u out.
    Am I assuming correct?
    thanks