Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: bowels

bowels

Ok,two part ?, I haven't took a decent shit in two weeks..I do not use a supp, just stim.. What can I do to get a nice bowel movement?
    its been 2 weeks.. I remember taking 4ap once and soon as i took it i went just like that..

2nd? I use the digi supp/combo that doesn't work.. I don't use a supp, i just stim... This is my last step to independence, my mom helps me she tell me its far up is there anyway I can do this indepedent if the digi/supp combo dont work.. I gotta figure this out by jan im moving..

Why don't you use your PIE* machine??

sounds like just stim ain't working, try a suppository and do all the other recommendations regarding food, fluids, timing, fiber, etc.

Take a spoonful of isapgol husk powder with water before going to bed. Its a natural fibre supplement. Works fine for me. Drink something hot before going to cammode after having suppository deep inside the rectum. Should work.

ammu

Mad Producer - How often do you usually do your bowel program? Have you been getting good results or have you consistently been having long periods of time between a successful program. What level is your injury and how long have you been injured? Have you ever had a good established program? This information will help me better respond to your needs. CRF

I do my bowel program once a week, I haven't got good results in two weeks.. I have been waiting like 1hr,while on the program, and I still dont have any good results.. Im a c5 inc 6yrs post.. Yea I always had a good results until I change my bed around.. Will that effect anything? I didnt use a supp cause I always had a good bowel programm..

step, I dont use it cuz Im never home hardly, just always moving.. I just stim..btw, it's a good machine, wasnt even thinking about it..

Mad Producer - What do you mean by "Yea I always had a good results until I change my bed around."?

The general 'rule of thumb' in bowel programs is to change only one item at a time. I would urge you to read through the information provided by the University of Alabama, Spain Rehab Center in InfoSheet 9 on bowel programs: http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/show.a...1&return=21828
    From this, you should be able to decide if you need to increase daily fluid intake, drink a hot liquid or have a small meal about 20 min before your bowel program, increase fiber in your diet (a new product on the market is Benefiber...a guar gum product that is easy to use, dissolves completely, no taste, no unpleasant texture: http://www.benefiber.com/index.jsp), add a suppository.

If you do not have results within a very short period of time, I would urge you to contact your doctor. Sometimes, a person can develop a blockage or become impacted, requiring medical attention. I would also urge you, once your get your bowel program working right for you, that you increase the frequency of your program to 2 to 3 times per week. CRF

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse:

Mad Producer - What do you mean by "Yea I always had a good results until I change my bed around."?

The general 'rule of thumb' in bowel programs is to change only one item at a time. I would urge you to read through the information provided by the University of Alabama, Spain Rehab Center in InfoSheet 9 on bowel programs: http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/show.a...1&return=21828
    From this, you should be able to decide if you need to increase daily fluid intake, drink a hot liquid or have a small meal about 20 min before your bowel program, increase fiber in your diet (a new product on the market is Benefiber...a guar gum product that is easy to use, dissolves completely, no taste, no unpleasant texture: http://www.benefiber.com/index.jsp), add a suppository.

If you do not have results within a very short period of time, I would urge you to contact your doctor. Sometimes, a person can develop a blockage or become impacted, requiring medical attention. I would also urge you, once your get your bowel program working right for you, that you increase the frequency of your program to 2 to 3 times per week. CRF
    I was saying since I changed my bed around, I just haven't had good results.. I do it in bed sometime, so I was wondering do that play a part?

everyone forgets the simplest things here, "water" alot per day and exercise everydayu or ervery other, these 2 things make the biggest impact of all

" do my bowel program once a week,"

if this ain't unhealthy i don't know what is.

bowel distention, retained toxins, too much mass to move, risk of tissue tearing, bladder pressure

i would need surgery if i waited a week to empty out