Thread: The half and half party (m)

The half and half party (m)

OK, so Chad will have been injured for 19 years next May. He was 19 years old when he was injured. So, I had this great idea: we are going to have a "half and half" party. We are going to CELEBRATE the fact that he has lived as long as a quad as before he was a quad. He normally gets down on that anniversary, but he agrees with me that we will MAKE it a fun day to celebrate life instead of that his family could have been having a funeral that day.

SO: the plans. Everything is going to have a half and half theme. I want flowers on the table where half are one type/color the other half different. I want balloons that are half one color, half another. Coffee will served at all tables with (you guessed it) half and half. We will have dinner served (half celiac, half gluten!), have a DJ, dancing, drinking, nonsense galore. Halfway through the night, we'll switch tables, switch dance partners, ..... I could really get into this! *rubbing hands gleefully*

So, who is up for a trip to NC next May? Seriously!!! All invited. If you would seriously like to come, PM me and I'll put you on the email update list. I'm going to send out "save the date" cards and everything. We eloped when we got married and didn't have a wedding reception, so this will be sort of a makeup without familial meddling.

Ami
    Last edited by zillazangel; 07-27-2006 at 08:56 PM.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Arrow Great plan.

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    OK, so Chad will have been injured for 19 years next May. He was 19 years old when he was injured. So, I had this great idea: we are going to have a "half and half" party. We are going to CELEBRATE that he has lived as long as a quad as before he was a quad. He normally gets down on that anniversary, but he agrees with me that will MAKE it a fun day to celebrate life instead of that his family could have been having a funeral that day.

SO: the plans. Everything is going to have a half and half them. I want flowers on the table where half are one type/color the other half different. I want balloons that are half one color, half another. Coffee will served at all tables with (you guessed it) half and half. We will have dinner served (half celiac, half gluten!), have a DJ, dancing, drinking, nonsense galore.

So, who is up for a trip to NC next May? Seriously!!! All invited. If you would seriously like to come, PM me and I'll put you on the email update list. I'm going to send out "save the date" cards and everything. We eloped when we got married and didn't have a wedding reception, so this will be sort of a makeup without familial meddling.

Ami

I can only accept tentatively at this point; I'm planing to attend the DC rally and, if it comes to one or the other, DC will take priority.

I reached the half/half anniversary in 1980; the twice as long point eight years ago. In another year I'll have reached 2.5 times as long post sci; if I make it, expect a decrepit, shrunken old man at your doorstep. Don't worry, I'll bring my own supply of Geritol in a wineskin.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

We won't schedule it for the DC rally, we will go to that too. Tenative acceptance gladly taken!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Ami
    Im already in North Carolina......Count me in. Sounds like fun. My half/half will be in three years.....I was 20 when I had my accident. That is a great party idea......
    Tonja
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Ami-
    count me in...do you still have my e-mail addy or do you need it again?
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......