Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inked

Inked

Did anyone watch Inked last night? Just thought it was funny that all the Inked boys got their asses kicked by a bunch of quads playing murderball

Yha, i seen that........ Did you notice how many quads had full use of their arms and hands? Many were low Incomp.....

Were they the ones that made that movie, murderball. They are complete a$$holes.

I seen them on larry king just before their movie came out. They were saying that they were better off now then before they broke their next. They were having so much fun being paralyzed. King couldn't believe it.

King asked them this question 3 times. If there was a cure that would put you back into the shape you were in before your accidents would you take it. All five said no, they weren't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman
    Were they the ones that made that movie, murderball. They are complete a$$holes.

I seen them on larry king just before their movie came out. They were saying that they were better off now then before they broke their next. They were having so much fun being paralyzed. King couldn't believe it.

King asked them this question 3 times. If there was a cure that would put you back into the shape you were in before your accidents would you take it. All five said no, they weren't interested.
    No, different guys, same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Yha, i seen that........ Did you notice how many quads had full use of their arms and hands? Many were low Incomp.....
    Yeah, that guy getting the tat had quite a bit of finger/hand function.

I got lucky and saw it bridget.

Suprising to me, it's pretty hard for an able bodied person to jump in a rugby chair and play well. We often have ab's playing with us at practice and they usually get their asses kicked. Some of my teamates kids are really good though because they play with us a lot.

The guys on Larry King didn't do a good job, especially Zupan, of presenting the dark side of SCI. Keith was newly injured when he was on the show and was probably a little intimidated to say how much he hated sci. He is a friend of mine and I know he wants to be physically whole again.

As for Zupan, his friend in the movie said it best.
    Last edited by Jim; 07-27-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    I got lucky and saw it bridget.

Suprising to me, it's pretty hard for an able bodied person to jump in a rugby chair and play well. We often have ab's playing with us at practice and they usually get their asses kicked. Some of my teamates kids are really good though because they play with us a lot.

The guys on Larry King didn't do a good job, especially Zupan, of presenting the dark side of SCI. Keith was newly injured when he was on the show and was probably a little intimidated to say how much he hated sci. He is a friend of mine and I know he wants to be physically whole again.

As for Zupan, his friend in the movie said it best.
    The guys at the HS reunion who knew him said it best where Zupan is concerned.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I saw inked, and I thought it was probably a MUCH better representation of the wheelchair atheletes I've met or talked to than any of the Zupan footage I saw. I also thought it was interesting to see the spin of the AB guys not wanting to get hurt playing.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

At first I was a bit upset because that dude doing the tat said that he was glad his brother died in a car accident rather than see him in a chair, but by the end of the show he ate his words and wished his brother was around regardless. I liked how Carey Hart put a spin on how anyone can be injured at any time and just because we are doesn’t mean that life is over. Yes, wheelchairs suck, but anything can happen and you gotta deal. He appeared to be very supportive. He was injured during the episode and it just enforced the notion that people are not invincible. It wasn’t all sappy and inspirational either. Just showed that we’re all people and some ABs aren’t able to do what some w/ a dis can. Just my take on it. I usually hate reality TV shows, but I love tats, Dizzle, and Carey Hart. If you’re a fan of the show you’ll know “D to the I to the double Z L E”

The guys on Inked are too hot. I can't handle it.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash