Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permobil Chair Just Broke!

I went out to the supermarket the other day and just as I was about to get out of my car, the bloody footplate fell off. I thought, Christ what am I going to do now? I managed to get out of the car with it hanging off my bag opener and then some kind gentlemen slotted it back in place for me. I went into the supermarket and got them to tape it up so it wouldn't fall out again. Why don't they put the grub screws in a place that is easy to find instead of tucked right out of the way. It turned out that we were tightening up the legs support, not the actual footplate.

!

Wilpage has the chair, has not yet ordered the part - been a week. They are waiting for his insurance co. to "decline" to pay for the repairs.

They have a protocol to follow no matter how many times they are told the ins. co. will not pay, they still have to wait for them to deny the claim - UGH

!

Wilpage has the chair, has not yet ordered the part - been a week. They are waiting for his insurance co. to "decline" to pay for the repairs.

They have a protocol to follow no matter how many times they are told the ins. co. will not pay, they still have to wait for them to deny the claim - UGH

Hit the wrong button!

Dennis has not yet called Permobile - he is not exactly proactive in these situations - drives me nuts.

He now has about 10 open sores on his butt because he cannot do weight shifts well enough on his own........

Good stuff....

Meg~
    Depending on what broke, I think Permobile should honor the repair. When it broke it left him very vulnerable and could have resulted in a serious injury. Start with a letter to Permibile, even if it is done online. If you get hit with the bill, go after them to pay. I believe they have one of the most extensive warranties of all chairs. I would also be asking Permobile for a loaner.
    Can't hurt.

FWIW, this thread can't be too good of publicity for either Permobile or WilPage.

Also, a report to the consumer product safety commission can be done by anyone, seems like that is definately in order, if for nothing else but to assure that it doesn't happen to someone else.
    Every day I wake up is a good one