Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: life can be tough

life can be tough

Today we are passing papers on our house we lived at for 25 years ,the guy is getting a great deal a 2 family house for $185.000.00 witth a lot where he can build another house , sometimes life can be tough we will get $60,000.00 and that's already gone to pay for my Daughters last 2 years of collage , if we sold it like I wanted to last year ,but my wife said no way we would of made $100,000.00 more than we are getting now , it's a sad day for me after spending so much , new roof ,new windows,new driveway , new bathrooms one having a hot tub 8 jets , a brand new kitchen ($8,000.00 just on the cherrywood cabnets new washer dryer ,new stove with a built in microwave , all nhew plumming , and all new electric ,a brand new shed , a pool,boy both bathrooms all remodeled and kitchen , am I bummin all that for a mere

Sorry to hear about your loss, Larry. Shame the situation was such that
    now you only get a pitance of what it is actually worth and what you could have gotten prior to this.

I was up for selling my home couple years ago, some guy offered me $60K,
    it was selling for $118K,,,,I told him thanks but no thanks I'll live in it myself then an
    enjoy all the new ammenities. But, just fortunately for me, I was able to do
    that.

I'm hoping for you that when one door closes for ya, another one will become available to you.

Q
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

this is a horrible time to sell. the market is terribly soft
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I wanted to sell last year but for 2 people to live in a 9 room house is insane $500 heating bills $300 electric bills and me being on s.s.d.i getting a mere $1088 a month we had no choice and trying to put a daughter through college we were forced into it the bills just kept coming.

isn't your daughter entitlled to financial aid?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

That sure is bad news.Down here it is terrible,but that's louisiana.Hope things get better for you.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

she gets some financial aid but not very much , so we help her out as much as we can

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the house, Larry.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Sorry about losing your house. I'm sure it's hard to let it go after all this time.
    Hope things start looking up soon.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Lbush

You need a wake up call. Your tradedy wasn't the selling of your house. Its that you don't know how to handle your finances.

And i'm trying to explain it to you like a friend would. So don't take it the wrong way.

I know you love your daughters and you want whats best for them.

But your a 50yr.old paralyzed man with a wife. According to your post. You have very little savings if any, you live on ssdi and your spending the money on schooling. That's crazy!

You need to think about how you and your wife are going to support your selves for the next 30 years.

Your daughters can get student loans to put themselves through school. They should not expect you to support themany more.