Thread: Commode chair cushion

Commode chair cushion

My commode chair is not padded good enough and I am looking for a cushion to keep my tail bone from getting broke down even more. I know ROHO has one but is there a cover for that. Are there any other products or tips for preventing break downs on the commode chair.

i would think the roho would need a good scrubbing down after use; i don't think they sell a cushion for their commode chair cushion

try doing weight shifts while on the chair, lifts, leans, etc.

make sure the cushion is full thickness and not compressed from use, if so, get a new one

i have an invacare, it's "u" shaped, you can put the "u" opening rearward so your tail is in the air, so to speak

Action makes one, is like a thin gell, I was spending a little more time on commode after I had gallbladder out last year,, seemed to help me out well, the Action phone # is 900-228-7763 if you want more info, is product # COM1616,, I use an E&J shower commode chair the way seat is shaped does not seem to put much pressure on tailbone area.

I have a ROHO commode chair cushion which works out well for me. It's like a square cushion with a round cut out to place your butt over. I think the nipples are 4 inches. Check out Roho's web site or that of a Roho vendor.

I wish I knew of a place to pick one up cheap. I remember seeing one a while back while searching for replacement Roho covers for my regular wheel chair cushion. I think it was $150, but don't quote me on that!

Roho will custom make a cushion for your commode if you need it, but they also already make these. They are not designed for use with a cover. If they get soiled during use, they easily wash off in the shower.

Roho Specialty Cushions

(KLD)

Sorry Folks,

I don't have much stability and I would like to find a lower profile gel cushion. I could not get a connection on that 900 phone number below nor could I find a gel or any other commode cushion other than the ROHO. anyone got another phone number, link, and/or product please?

Originally posted by david65:

Sorry Folks,

I don't have much stability and I would like to find a lower profile gel cushion. I could not get a connection on that 900 phone number below nor could I find a gel or any other commode cushion other than the ROHO. anyone got another phone number, link, and/or product please?
    This is a low profile cushion with a gel Action makes one, is like a thin gell, I was spending a little more time on commode after I had gallbladder out last year,, seemed to help me out well, the Action phone # is 900-228-7763 if you want more info, is product # COM1616,, I use an E&J shower commode chair the way seat is shaped does not seem to put much pressure on tailbone area.

I never realized how difficult it would be to find a gel, foam, or whatever type of commode cushion. Besides the Roho, there was nothing showing up to choose from. Thanks to Parafarmer with a phone number. There is a company called Action. I am not sure if they have the gel cushion because this is the weekend. I got a recorded message and hopefully they have the product in mind. The phone number below is wrong in case anyone would like to call them. It is almost the same but it is not a 900 number but a toll free 800 number. If anybody else knows of another commode chair cushion product, then go ahead and add to this list please. Thanks Again,