Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The million dollar man .... errr ... chair (m)

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    The battery is dead, it's acting like yours was! (was that ever resolved?) It will only hold a charge for a few hours, IF he goes slowly (not a trait of his ).

Ours will be the same as yours but black with that metallic sparkle to it. Swwwwweeeeeeeeeeett! As you might guess, Little Boy wanted YOUR chair colors exactly because Miss Betsy had it and it was really super cool. You are still adored from afar.
    Sounds like a lot is going haywire? Not good. Don't want to get stuck, the feeling is more than aweful.

Got the battery issue resolved, thx. The place I got it from didn't understand it required MKIV batteries. The Permobil rep (a very nice guy) met me at the place I got the chair from to "reccomend" the MKIV type batteries be used as the electronics require it. The ones I had in were dry cell (very good car batteries BTW) BUt not even gell cell, which is best for airline travel too. The place doesnt generally deal with Permobils so I guess thats why they messed up. Plus, do you think they would listen to a woman? hehe. Actually, I've done a lot of business in past w them w my van, like them a lot so I can joke. Then, after taking the old batteries out, only one was being charged I found out. I think the problem was the type of battery not coinciding with the Permobil electronics. Now, can go forever!

Also, apparently there is a "gyroscope" of some sort which helps balance the chair to drive straight, located under the front somewhere. I guess my EZ-lock bracket was positioned on it accidentally so that may have been an issue to. dunno

In the end, I'm real glad I had requested a case manager to work thru as a liason with my insurance on getting a chair. After she realized our disabilities require more than the usual pre approved powerchair, it felt like it wasnt so much a struggle. And even tho the case may not be open, I feel like I can call her about issues may have about getting things covered.

Maybe Chad will have his new "million dollar baby" by the time I see you guys and we can race our Permobils. I should get a checker flag for Little Boy, ha! Or, he can pick whos lap he wants to race in. ha!

-----------
    Lilsister, there is something that is called a "PCA control box" that can be mounted anywhere on the chair so someone else can run the options on the chair. This might be helpful for you with Jim. I hope you guys end up getting one, it was really worth the struggle. Please tell him I said HI!

Hey Betsy, glad to hear that you are well--so much has happened with you--new chair and apt! When reading your last post you mentioned a case worker that helped with getting your chair, how does that happen? Jim has worker's comp, which in essence is an insurance company and they have assigned a liason officer for us--would that be what you had? She has no particular experience with SCI, but mysteriously appears at his physiatrist appt once a year. I also insisted she come to the house so she could verify use of accomadations we had put in and absense of torture paraphernalia. Jim also extends greetings, and a petting to Trooper.

Hi Deb
    Yea a lot of changes this year. About the case manager, I just requested one through calling my insurance. Figured w the issues of the chair, needed some sort of "one to one" to try to understand more also to keep timeline of things nessesary to getting chair, i.e therapist eval, vendor info etc. My big thing was finding in network vendor that had my policy, and worked w these chairs. If I needed help facilitating the process, going out of network, etc. I guess similar to your case manager you describe? But kinda wierd they showed up at his appts? Trooper is doing pretty good. Have u guys got a dog yet?

Talking

No dog yet......exploring options and figuring out the fencing. And I'm having doubts about the cat letting a dog in her realm.....she's been the Princess for a long time and not showing signs of abdicating or sharing. It's going to have to be a big dog me thinks!

My greyhound peed on the carpetting again. I swear, the wet spot was in the shape of the country Italy. Sicily was also included. Not only is she is a bad pee-pee dog but she's an artist too!

If you adopt a retired greyhound you need to introduce them slowly to a cat. They are trained to chase after "cat and rabbit-like" objects around the track. The greyhound will definitely catch the cat but will probably get it's ass whooped by it after it does. They're trained to "try" and catch them but have no idea what to do once they catch them. A cat tore my first greyhound up when she got off the leash and caught it. She almost had to go to the vet!

But she just started this bad peeing behavior a few months ago. I don't what it is but since she sneakily does it while I'm sleeping there's not much I can do about it. Although yesterday, I was pushing my old wheelchair into the backroom to get it outta the way and as I turned around to leave I heard her peeing in there. I yelled NO! as loud as I could and slapped her behind as she ran past me. Maybe she thought the wheelchair was another person (since I'm always in one) and was marking her territory?? I gave her another swat as I put her out the back door. Then the silent treatment and no eye contact with her for the rest of the day. What else could I do? I'm no Cesar Milan.

I have insomnia so it isn't as though she doesn't get put outside/outback often enough. Maybe she wants to go out even more often to get another Milk-Bone.... the bitch!

I guess I'll have to have the whole house tiled or linoleumed and buy a huge mop and bucket. I don't want to put her in a kennel/crate every night. She's my third greyhound in 17 years and the only one that has done this. I go through quite a bit of Oxy-Clean and Febreze but that only works so well. Maybe it's because she's the youngest (I got her when she was 4, she's now 6) greyhound I've "owned" and needs more attention and exercise.

If she pees a likeness of Jesus I'll put it up for sale on eBay!
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    My greyhound peed on the carpetting again. I swear, the wet spot was in the shape of the country Italy. Sicily was also included. Not only is she is a bad pee-pee dog but she's an artist too!

I guess I'll have to have the whole house tiled or linoleumed and buy a huge mop and bucket. I don't want to put her in a kennel/crate every night. She's my third greyhound in 17 years and the only one that has done this. I go through quite a bit of Oxy-Clean and Febreze but that only works so well. Maybe it's because she's the youngest (I got her when she was 4, she's now 6) greyhound I've "owned" and needs more attention and exercise.

If she pees a likeness of Jesus I'll put it up for sale on eBay!
    Hey Bob, do you adapt/adopt every thread eventually to the BobClark home chronicles? LMAO

Ever conside a blog?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Hey Bob, do you adapt/adopt every thread eventually to the BobClark home chronicles? LMAO

Ever conside a blog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilsister
    No dog yet......exploring options and figuring out the fencing. And I'm having doubts about the cat letting a dog in her realm.....she's been the Princess for a long time and not showing signs of abdicating or sharing. It's going to have to be a big dog me thinks!
    Hi Juke_spin,

Just trying to help out whenever I can and now I get ridiculed for it. A greyhound is a big dog and has an innate attitude towards cats... or anything small and fluffy that moves.

As for my posts being self-indulgent and a bit digressive, I write about what I know and experience. And I may have a slight tendency to shoehorn in anything that's the least bit on topic as I'm sure you're well aware of by now.

Thank you so much for the essay-like reviews of your favorite top 3 three electric-powered toothbrushes: 1) The Interplak - original 2) The Dental Revolution - Twin Rotating Cylinders (in parallel) 3) The Sonicare Elite 7500.

'Twas quite an interesting read. .....

I have a Sonicare but rarely use it. The green LED is cool to look at though.... especially in the dark when I'm trippin'.

An Oral-B is my toothbush of choice and the pretty dental hygienist gives me a free one everytime she rubs those lovely tits on my neck. Now those things are electric! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

It's the only sex I ever get....... just twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Ever consider a blog?
    Consider one? I thought CareCure WAS my blog!
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Hi Juke_spin,

Just trying to help out whenever I can and now I get ridiculed for it. A greyhound is a big dog and has an innate attitude towards cats... or anything small and fluffy that moves.

As for my posts being self-indulgent and a bit digressive, I write about what I know and experience. And I may have a slight tendency to shoehorn in anything that's the least bit on topic as I'm sure you're well aware of by now.

Thank you so much for the essay-like reviews of your favorite top 3 three electric-powered toothbrushes: 1) The Interplak - original 2) The Dental Revolution - Twin Rotating Cylinders (in parallel) 3) The Sonicare Elite 7500.

'Twas quite an interesting read. .....

I have a Sonicare but rarely use it. The green LED is cool to look at though.... especially in the dark when I'm trippin'.

An Oral-B is my toothbush of choice and the pretty dental hygienist gives me a free one everytime she rubs those lovely tits on my neck. Now those things are electric! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

It's the only sex I ever get....... just twice a year.

Consider one? I thought CareCure WAS my blog!
    Hell, Bob, I was just pokin a little fun atcha. I was doing the same at myself in the toothbrush post...which I copied from my review in amazon from before I had CC to unleash my own brand of verbosity in.

I almost always enjoy your "blogs" but wondered if you were fully aware of the pattern you were making. If I struck a nerve that wasn't my intent...er, at least not my primary intent.

I get a big kick and no small amount of entertainment from your stories about your dog, home, etc and am still awaiting the culmination of the monitor mounting story. I'm monitoring the Computers threads.

How about going to Ami & Chad's party next year and we can compare verbosity face to face? It's a much shorter trip for you than me and, as a last ditch, there's always hitchhiking.
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 07-31-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane